Finance Advisor Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for finance advisors in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 203,791 finance advisors currently employed in the United States.
- 28.1% of all finance advisors are women, while only 67.2% are men.
- The average age of an employed finance advisor is 44 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of finance advisors is White (76.6%), followed by Asian (8.2%) and Hispanic or Latino (7.9%).
- The majority of finance advisors are located in NY, New York and AZ, Phoenix.
- Finance advisors are most in-demand in New York, NY.
- Finance advisors are paid an average annual salary of $79,329.
- Washington, DC pays an annual average wage of $115,252, the highest in the US.
- Finance advisors average starting salary is $47,000.
- In 2021, women earned 86% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid finance advisors earn as much as $133,000 or more.
- District of Columbia is the best state for finance advisors to live.
- Finance advisors are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Finance Advisor Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Finance Advisor
Women Earn 86¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Finance Advisor Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the finance advisor position over time.
Finance Advisor Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, renewable energy system finance specialist and audit partner have the biggest difference in gender.
|Loan Processing Supervisor||22%||74%|
|Chartered Finance Analyst||73%||11%|
|Renewable Energy System Finance Specialist||84%||13%|
Finance Advisor Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among finance advisors is White, which makes up 76.6% of all finance advisors. Comparatively, there are 8.2% of the Asian ethnicity and 7.9% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.
- White, 76.6%
- Asian, 8.2%
- Hispanic or Latino, 7.9%
- Black or African American, 5.4%
- Unknown, 1.6%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Finance Advisor Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among finance advisors.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Finance Advisor Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Finance Advisor
We determined the average age of finance advisors based on ethnicity and gender.
Finance Advisor Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of finance advisor employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of finance advisors is 40+ years old, which represents 61% of the population.
Types of Finance Advisor Degree Levels
Finance Advisor Wage Gap By Education
Finance Advisor Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ finance advisors. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most finance advisors is the finance industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire finance advisors.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Finance Advisor Work In
Employees with the finance advisor job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most finance advisors prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Finance Advisors
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ finance advisors. Those industries include finance, insurance and professional.
Finance Advisor Turnover And Employment Statistics
Finance Advisor Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of finance advisors changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Finance Advisor Stay in a Job
By looking over 33,322 finance advisors resumes, we figured out that the average finance advisor enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 42%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Finance Advisors with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to finance advisors.
|Contract Finance Analyst||7.99%|
|Delinquent Tax Collector||13.02%|
|Finance Aid Officer||16.40%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Finance Advisors
The most common foreign language among finance advisors is Spanish at 47.8%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 10.9% and Mandarin is the third-most popular at 6.2%.
- Spanish, 47.8%
- French, 10.9%
- Mandarin, 6.2%
- Chinese, 5.0%
- German, 4.6%
- Other, 25.5%