Finance Manager, Corporate Tax
COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it's our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Finance Manager
Presidio is seeking a Finance Manager to join our team!
The Finance Manager, Tax, position is responsible for supporting the Senior Director of Tax in overseeing the consolidated tax functions of the organization. This position will be responsible for routine to moderately complex activities of the tax department to include US Federal, state and international tax compliance, tax accounting, research & planning, financial reporting and audits. This includes maintenance of tax calendar by monitoring due dates to ensure timely and accurate tax related filings and accruals. The position is currently supported by an outsourced arrangement with Ernst and Young, which handles income tax provisions and compliance. This position will oversee the EY relationship and work product and will work closely with the Senior Director on tax planning and financial reporting for income taxes.
* Income Tax Provision (40%)
* Prepare quarterly and year-end ASC 740 tax provision including the computation of the current and deferred tax, effective tax rate, accounting for uncertain tax positions (FIN 48) and preparation of all supporting schedules utilizing OneSource provision software and other systems
* Prepare ASC 740 footnote SEC disclosures of Forms 10-Q and 10-K
* Develop and support appropriate technical tax conclusion and to document rationale and conclusions in a concise, complete and timely fashion using thorough working knowledge of GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, tax laws of Internal Revenue Code and other statutory and case law
* Manage Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 internal controls, processes and documentation and coordination with external auditors for control testing
* Respond to inquiries in discussions with Presidio's independent auditors
* Income Tax Compliance (40%)
* Prepare, review and coordinate all federal, state, local and foreign income tax returns and related estimated/extension tax payments
* Prepare and review book to tax adjustments (M-3) and state tax adjustments calculations
* Identify significant items for consideration in calculation of estimated payments (e.g., tax leases, asset impairment, debt-related transactions, equity-related payments)
* Prepare state apportionment calculations including nexus and state technical analysis
* Reconcile tax fixed asset balances with GAAP balances and financial statements and calculate tax depreciation expense and gains/losses on disposition of assets within FAS software
* Monitor income tax filing frequencies through maintenance of the tax calendar
* Coordinate quarterly tax estimated payments and extensions (vouchers, online payments or checks)
* Track estimated payments, changes in tax account balances and carryovers
* Other tasks (20%)
* Manage, plan and coordinate projects supporting tax compliance and tax provision
* Correspond and manage notices and audits with taxing agencies
* Coordinate and manage process striving for efficient and streamlined approach
* Develop cross-functional relationships both within and outside of tax function
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES:
* Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently
* Ability to remain focused, productive and organized while spearheading several simultaneous projects
* Ability to meet assigned deadlines with minimal supervision and demonstrates judgment and problem solving abilities
* Strong verbal and writing communication skills in order to interface with internal and external personnel
* A driven individual with excellent analytical skills and demonstrates action driven and task-oriented skills set
* Establishes clear accountability, respect for others, and achieves stretch goals
* Strives to make constant improvements in processes or internal controls and can identify opportunities to make processes more efficient
* Detail oriented, accurate and organized in work product with emphasis in strong documentation
* Honesty, personal integrity and a sense of personal responsibility are critical
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required (active, inactive OR progressing to completion)
* Four+ years of professional tax, financial, transactional, and reporting experience related to publicly-held companies preferred.
* Two+ years tax experience with Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm is a plus
* Strong technical tax background in tax accounting under ASC 740 and US corporate, state, and local income tax
* Experience with public company working in a SOX controls environment is highly preferred
* Working knowledge of taxing authority audit processes in various taxing jurisdictions.
* Strong experience with tax return and provision software, preferably OneSource and SAGE FAS
* ABOUT PRESIDIO
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients' IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio's 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: www.presidio.com
* Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to email@example.com.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.
$112k-206k yearly est.