What Does A Fire Alarm Technician Do At Tad PGS, Inc.
* Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition.* Inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems.* Interprets instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications.* Expertise with the use of applicable test equipment.* Knowledge of safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management.* Operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems.* Submit timely reports.* Perform other qualified duties as assigned
What Does A Fire Alarm Technician Do At Siemens
* Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.* Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.* Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.* Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.* Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.* Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.* Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.* Participates in On* Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis
What Does A Fire Alarm Technician Do At Reliance Fire Protection Inc.
* Inspecting, testing, programming, and servicing Fire Alarm Systems.* Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.* Daily on-site Office/Shop contact to assure communication of materials and assignments.* Daily communications with service supervisor and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job.* Willing to be on-call after hours for emergency service requests.* Safe use and operation of hand tools and powered hand tools.* Willingness to acquire added responsibilities for servicing and maintaining Fire Suppression systems.* Must be able to work at heights and lift at least 50lbs.* Other duties as assigned
What Does A Fire Alarm Technician Do At Delta Fire Systems, Inc.
* Perform routine inspections, testing, installation, and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines* Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment* Daily communications with Schedule Coordinator or Direct Supervisor regarding delays, requirements and general status of jobs* Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of contract jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)* Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, customer relations, system inspection and installation techniques practiced* Bidding/Pricing new contract and service alarm and detection
What Does A Fire Alarm Technician Do At Wolf Creek Federal Services
* Works on various types of fire alarm systems and related devices by performing one or a combination of the following: component installation, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing, maintenance level programming and testing.* Applies practical application of technical knowledge of Fire Alarm Panel/Systems principles, and determine malfunctions.* The equipment consisting of either many different kinds of Fire Alarm systems/circuits, or multiple repetition of the same kind of circuit includes, but is not limited to, the following: (a) electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radio and telephone (b) digital and analog computers, (c) industrial measuring and controlling equipment, (d) integrated alarms, and associated fiber optic material for the above.* Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by reference to manufacturers' manuals or similar documents) in working on Fire alarm equipment.* Such problems include resolving problems with equipment and/or systems where documentation is lacking or very vague.* May provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.* Performs other related duties as assigned.* May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment.* Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable