What Does A Food Supervisor Do At Penn National Gaming
* This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.* Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.* Provides coaching and counseling to team members.* Something to leave you with* Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize.* We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode.* Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set.* And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.* Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about
What Does A Food Supervisor Do At UPMC
* Coach and discipline associates as appropriate and in accordance with Human Resource policies and procedures.* Conduct and document service recovery on all customer complaints as per operational guidelines.* Conduct the orientation, training and coaching of new team members.* Ensure routine competency checks are completed for all associates with appropriate follow-through.* Contribute to the relevant and timely performance feedback to associates through the performance review process.* Maintain inventory levels to ensure they are adequate to meet the needs of the operation.* Oversee security of inventory and cash revenues.* Monitor all aspects of the department's food safety program routinely and take immediate and appropriate action to identified hazards.* Monitor all aspects of the operation's sanitation program on a daily basis to ensure inspection readiness at all times.* Monitor food quantity and quality to ensure appropriate product is available for meal service according to menu and special requests.* Performs various cash handling responsibilities as assigned.* Provide for direct supervision of hourly associates and their adherence to all UPMC policies and procedures and department standards and guidelines.* Schedule personnel to meet operational needs and in accordance with volume and budgetary guidelines.* Supervise services according to department standards and complete quality control and quality assurance checks to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
What Does A Food Supervisor Do At NYU Medical Center
* Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.* Plans, coordinates, implements, and monitors sanitation activities to maintain a clean and safe working environment in accordance with The Joint Commission and all federal, state, and local regulations and the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system inclusive of Management by Walking Around (MBWA).* Is responsible for the strict adherence to monitoring protocols for refrigerator/freezer temperature controls, manual ware washing, dish machine operations, and other various cleaning logs.* Is responsible for the strict adherence to all regulations regarding the use and storage of cleaning compounds, material safety data sheets (MSDS), and staff training for the correct use of these compounds.* Plans and executes training for new sanitation staff members as well as refresher courses for the entire staff for continuous development and competency assessment.* Prepares staff schedules, daily work assignments, and supervises employees in their respective work areas.* Ensures adequate sanitary standards are maintained in production, tray assembly, manual ware washing and dish room areas of the main kitchen, catering kitchen, and cafeterias.* Completes all required documentation.* Participates in cost control activities by seeking the most effective methods of delivering services and maintains an awareness of the cost impact on decisions and actions.* Assists in the staff selection process, provides orientation and training, evaluates subordinates performance, and coaches/disciplines staff to build a competent team.* Orders cleaning compounds/materials/equipment as required.* Works very closely with the equipment manager and reports any equipment concerns.* Performs other related duties as assigned
What Does A Food Supervisor Do At Sodexo Inc.
* Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.* Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.* Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.* Maintains proper security of cash at all times.* Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.* May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, and otherwise, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).* May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.* Assists in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operates peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.* Records amounts received and may be expected to total and summarize funds received, endorse checks, prepare bank deposits and verify cash at the beginning of a shift.* Work is distinguished from lower-level cashiers as it involves cashiering responsibilities of non-routine receipt, disbursement, recording of funds.* Serves as a lead cashier by guiding and assisting in the training of entry-level cashiers.* During non-peak periods, may assist in catering services, including order collection, scheduling, food prep and staging, delivery, cleanup, tracking and invoicing.* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What Does A Food Supervisor Do At Sodexo Inc.
* Understands and follows all policies and procedures.* Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.* Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.* Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.* Responsible for orientation and training of employees.* Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.* Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.* Promote in the development of the food service team.* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned