As a Senior Sales Engineer you will use your customer relations and communications skills, coupled with your knowledge of systems engineering, networking and cyber security solutions, to directly support sales engagements & presentations, product demonstrations, proof of concept and pilot projects for Forcepoint's cross domain, insider threat, web, email, and data security solutions and services. This is a pre-sales engineering position where you will be directly involved in supporting sales/account managers to facilitate high-impact deals across a diverse set of industries.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, exhibit strong leadership qualities across a diverse and geographically dispersed team, establish strong customer relationships and be eager to learn & experiment with leading-edge technologies and cyber-security products. This role requires strong and direct customer (both internal and external) engagement and the ability to drive scope of work determination, provide guidance on product implementation strategies, and participate in sophisticated RFP/RFI responses. You will be working closely with sales account teams (and any channel teams that may be involved) throughout this process and will be expected to shape the positive outcome of customer engagements, including proof of concept (POC) and pilot activities.
* Lead discussions with customers to drive understanding and documentation of the customer's environment and needs, specifically their cross domain, network security, DLP/Intellectual property protection needs and recommend appropriate products/services that meet these needs
* Deliver product, technology and/or customized solution presentations to technical and business decision makers which may include system demonstrations, white-boarding and technical Q&A sessions to the client.
* Provide pre-sales technical support, security engineering and technical guidance for the development and implementation of Forcepoint cybersecurity technologies for customer
* Work with customer, strategic partners, resellers and Forcepoint team members to architect, design, build, and deploy cyber security solutions for customers and partners in support of pilot and proof of concept demonstrations
* Attend industry conferences, trade shows and sales events and participate in related activities.
* Prepare, write, and present trade studies, cost benefit analyses, white papers, reports, and briefings as required
* Work with capture manager and proposal team to develop technical content and diagrams for RFI/RFP responses
* Perform local and overnight travel, both CONUS and OCONUS, as required by Sales Executives and project assignments
* Assist with maintaining state of the art demonstration and lab capabilities and other duties and projects as assigned
What experience(s), knowledge, and education we are looking for:
* BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 6 years demonstrated experience in cyber security field to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment
* 5 years of pre-sales experience working directly with cyber security and/or network products in a team environment
* Strong customer relation/engagement skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of audiences; from deeply technical to high executive C-level decision makers (sometimes in the same audience).
* Experience with implementation of cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
* Must be able to collaboratively coordinate across traditional engineering disciplines, management, and customers
* Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, IP Forwarding, Network architectures, and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
* Linux/Windows systems administration experience preferred
* Strong understanding of A&A requirements, security design and system architectures
* Relevant industry certification programs (e.g., CISSP [and specializations], Certified Ethical Hacker, Carnegie Mellon Insider Threat Program Manager, Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor, Insider Threat Program Evaluator, etc.) desired, but not required
* Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs
US Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
In compliance with Executive Order 14042 all Forcepoint US jobs require employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, Forcepoint offers reasonable accommodations unless the accommodation causes Forcepoint or its customers undue hardship or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
We are mission driven.
We are passionate about our mission because our solutions protect businesses, critical infrastructures, and governments around the world.
Find out more about Forcepoint's Mission, Vision, and Values at www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Find us on social at #forcepoint #forcepointculture #lifeatforcepoint to find out what its really like to work here from the team themselves.
* Other duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Forcepoint Is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.