Packaging Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
Packaging Supervisor Job in Suffolk, VA
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
(MZB-USA) is the largest fully integrated coffee company in the US delivering innovative solutions for the home, office, and food service with a long tradition of exceptional quality. Parent company, Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, is a world leader in the production of roasted coffee and other products such as professional espresso machines and office coffee brewers. The Group is comprised of fifty companies and manages different activities from the procurement of coffee to its consumption, and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Its flagship brand Segafredo Zanetti is known globally and includes a global network of over 300 espresso cafés.
must have exceptional leadership and coaching skills with proven successes in a manufacturing or industrial environment. As a first shift supervisor at our corporate headquarters and main roasting facility, the Supervisor will work with many other departments, including the corporate office.
Other priorities include effectively managing the performance of packaging operators, which includes development and engagement, as well as time and attendance management and corrective actions.
• Foster a workplace environment consistent with the MZB Way values and mission outlined by the leadership of company - this includes engaging and developing the front-line teams
• Supervise the teams assigned to the high-speed packaging lines, ensuring safe and efficient operations
• Coach and develop team members to help ensure productivity goals are met
• Focus on continuous improvement and cost-savings initiatives as they relate to quality, production, and safety, as well as LEAN manufacturing and OEE goals.
• Ensure effective employee relations; coach and develop team members to handle daily business needs to meet goals and objectives
• Manage employee work schedule and eliminate unnecessary overtime
• Make employment decisions, conduct employee reviews, resolve employee issues and take appropriate disciplinary actions in accordance with policies and procedures (i.e., the areas of appearance, attendance, work habits, etc.)
• Track absenteeism and timekeeping; review Time & Attendance system coding to the line and reverse mischarges if necessary
• Assist with department evaluation of reports, decision-making, and establishing goals; utilize resources to accomplish plant objectives through the establishment of effective organizational relationships and effective controls
• Supervise daily schedules; collaborate and work with Planner and Maintenance teams to effectively coordinate optimum workflow of packaging lines
• Ensure all procedures are followed properly and in full compliance with federal, state, Corporate, manufacturing, and safety standards are met
• Perform other duties and special projects as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
• BA or BS college degree is strongly preferred
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Must have strong problem-solving and planning skills with a focus on planning, prioritizing, and executing effectively
• Strong leadership and coaching skills are mandatory for this role
• Ability to direct, consult, gain consensus, and deliver an effective delegation
• Experience with Continuous Improvement (CI) required
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy environment
• Willing and able to work rotating shifts in support of a 24-7 production operation
• Must have efficiencies using Microsoft Office and PC-based systems, with expertise in Word and Excel
• Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.
This is a description of the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires ongoing training in accordance with the attached Job Training Matrix.
2nd Shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM), Monday - Friday