Assistant Front Office Manager
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Westin Arlington Gateway is perfectly located two blocks from the Ballston Metro Station, offering guests the convenience of reaching the nation's Capital in just minutes. See historic monuments and museums, shop trendy Georgetown, slip in a round of golf after your meetings, or enjoy a day in DuPont Circle just a metro ride away. The hotel features 338 modern guestrooms (including 14 suites) with modern amenities.
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
* Works closely with Sales and Reservations in order to fulfill all special requests for groups, VIP's, etc.
* Assist daily in the guest reception.
* Responds daily all social media feedback, follow up with guest as well as internally.
* Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
* Assists and often leads guest service training initiatives within the front office department
* Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fast paced environment.
* Maintains a professional image at all times that falls within the hotel and company guidelines for appearance and dress.
* Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
* Provides all Front Desk Assistant job duties like registering guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner, using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; preparing for group check-ins and check-outs, and VIP arrivals
* Maintains and updates all guest profiles
* Reviews all daily and future reservations in order to accommodate special requests, makes amenity cards, works closely with IRD and PH to communicate all F&B requests
* Works with all new hires for FD training.
* Interviews, hire and train guest services agents
* Becomes informed of events/functions in the hotel during shifts.
* Maintains a house bank and keeps an accurate report of daily receipts and deposits.
* Is able to work with and understand basic financial data and information.
* Is able to find guest centric solutions
* Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets, provides the guest with information such as local attractions and directions, using the James Report to increase guest satisfaction.
* Is able to take or assist with reservations.
* Is able to assist at PBX.
* Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer by being guest centric, friendly and caring. Communicates to Management any problems, complaints or unhappy guests.
* Is intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job performance, being proactive instead of reactive.
* Responds quickly to all guest requests in a caring friendly and professional manner, consistently follow up to ensure guest satisfaction that meets and exceed our services standards.
* Maintains a good relationship with repeat guests and their special requests.
* Is able to supervise a shift when needed.
* Works closely with Sales and their VIP Clients.
* Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shifts as well as communicates effectively the policies and procedures to other team members of the hotel.
* Has knowledge of and assists in all emergency procedures as required.
* Attends all mandatory meetings and training classes.
* Has knowledge of the names, titles and positions of key people within the hotel.
* Has knowledge of the hotel's surrounding area, such as pharmacies, theaters, Public Transportation, Retail, and Restaurants etc.
* Completes all checklists as assigned.
* A 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience required.
* Supervisory experience required. Labor experience and OPERA experiences preferred.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Long hours sometimes required. Two overnight shifts with this position.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
$40k-60k yearly est.