Office Manager Job in Thomasville, AL
What You Will Do
Responsible for planning and directing the billing and office support functions. This position directs administrative services and operations for the care center including billing, purchasing, human resources, communications systems, space utilization, administrative support and mail services. This position coordinates systems and procedures with medical records, data entry, claims review, and personnel functions to ensure efficient operations.
* Ensures efficient, accurate, and timely operation of the payroll function and compliance with payroll and timekeeping policies.
* Ensures accurate and timely billing processes by reviewing patient charts for compliance/accuracy with all billing requirements before billing.
* Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third-party payors, through education, coaching, and other assistance as necessary.
* Maintains current knowledge of, and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations in relation to billing processes.
* May oversee and provide direction to the Records Coordinator to ensure quality and accuracy of medical records information.
* May participate in screening, interviewing, and making appropriate hiring decisions for Records Coordinator.
* May participate in Records Coordinator staff performance appraisals/competency reviews as necessary and in compliance with care center policies and procedures.
* Assists the Director in maintaining required information for audits and licensure reviews including keeping policy and procedure books and personnel records up-to-date.
* Performs various human resource functions in compliance with care center policies and procedures.
* Accountable for ensuring compliance with all new and current employee documentation required by Human Resources and regulatory agencies for maintaining employment within the organization including, but not limited to, I-9 compliance, professional licensure, background checks and all other documents related to employment.
* Ensures appropriate orientation is provided for all new staff.
* Monitors systems, identifies problem areas, and develops and implements action plans as necessary in relation to office operations.
* Responsible for reconciliation of petty cash/expenses for care center.
* Processes Accounts Payables according to care center policies and procedures.
* Monitors, controls, and orders office and medical supplies. Prepares/conducts inventory control
* reports as directed and according to care center policies and procedures.
* Maintains mobile device supply and equipment orders. Troubleshoots mobile device software/hardware issues.
* In the absence of an intake coordinator, may be responsible for the Referral and Intake process within the care center.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Two (2 ) years office or related experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population. Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong computer and software skills.
* Working knowledge of personnel management, record keeping, and office administration.
* Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
* Experience in a healthcare environment.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.