Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation
GENERAL CLERK III (ICE-VA-21-1360-F):
Bowhead seeks a temporary General Clerk III to provide Document Management Support Services to the Office of Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA). OPLA requires case management support and administrative services for the execution of their broad and diverse mission of providing a full range of legal counsel and services to all ICE offices and programs. OPLA's responsibilities include representing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in proceedings before the Immigration Courts, representing DHS in appellate proceedings before the Board of Immigration Appeals, and providing support and direction to the Department of Justice, Office of Immigration Litigation as well as to the U.S. Attorney's Offices nationwide. The Chief Counsel's office handles confidential and high-level documentation. The duties primarily include maintaining and organizing files, mail management, scanning of documents, enter/upload data into PLAnet (OPLA's electronic alien file repository), conducting research and drafting documents. General Clerk III follows detailed procedures in performing repetitive tasks in the same sequence.
Other general clerical duties include:
* Mail Management, including paper and electronic correspondence and packages
* Receive, open date stamp, sort and distribute in-bound mail
* Interfile correspondence in case files
* Shelve/re-shelve files as appropriate
* Utilize the National File Tracking System (NFTS) to locate files and for internal and external file transfers
* Assist with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
* Per local office procedures, route or file materials that concern legal or specialized matters (e.g., briefs, correspondence, exhibit packets)
* Comply with ICE and NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) General Records Schedule document retention standardization policy and procedures
* Enter/upload data into PLAnet (OPLA's electronic alien file repository), including but not limited to the recording of receipt of motions, notices of appeal, briefing schedules, court decisions
This position is full time, benefits eligible at an hourly rate of $18.74 plus H&W (Health and Welfare) rate per local wage determination. The location is in Arlington, VA. Requirements • High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative office environment required.
* Extensive computer/PC knowledge required including; spreadsheet software, word processing software and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Must be able to successfully pass a federal background investigation* and pre-employment drug screen.
* Federal background investigation includes, but is not limited to, citizenship status, residency information, work experience, education, credit history, criminal record check, and fingerprints.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
* Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
* Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the DHS ICE T2 level.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
© Ultimate Software