Sales - General: Full-time Opportunities for University Graduates
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential-and excitement for the journey ahead.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into the roles listed below are invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft's many exciting businesses.
We're a company of learn-it-all's rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love-start your journey with us today!
* Currently pursuing or have completed bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
* Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
* Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Sales roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
Solution Area Specialist
As a Solution Area Specialist, you identify our customers' challenges and solve them through the latest software and services solutions. You will be our customers' trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement. Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace.
* Positions Microsoft solutions in competitive landscape through research and collaboration utilizing industry expertise to differentiate Microsoft solutions.
* Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs.
* Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs.
Meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
As a Commercial Executive (CE) you provide licensing solutions to your customers with a focus on Microsoft volume licensing programs. You work closely with multiple sales disciplines including Account Executives, Business Development, Buy and Legal service desks. Outside of Microsoft you will build and maintain relationships across customers' purchasing, business sponsors and technical lead to provide modern and robust licensing solutions.
* Acts as a trusted advisor to determine how commercial licensing and contracting should be changed to best meet customer needs.
* Leverages understanding of sales science (e.g., pipeline metrics, closed rates, competitive selling) to establish a strategic sales execution cadence.
* Develops customer-centric offers by engaging with and aligning account teams around the deal(s) that they are casting.
* Establishes the strategy for the negotiation approach by engaging with senior stakeholders internally and externally.
Partner Development Manager
As a Partner Development Manager (PDM), you will act as the daily face of our company to our partner channel. You are accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of partners, by business priority, with a primary focus on Microsoft cloud services (O365, Azure and Dynamics 365) and complementary products. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on the partners' strengths and priorities. The PDM represents Microsoft to our partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey.
* Recruits, onboards, and manages relationships with Microsoft partners; differentiates the value of partnering with Microsoft versus competitors.
* Aligns partners to strategic accounts and identifies market opportunities through industry analysis and intelligence.
* Supports partner readiness through selling strategies, marketing plans, and portfolio optimization.
Analyzes business metrics to assess performance and identify areas for growth.
As an Account executive, you are the main connection point between Microsoft and our customers., You provide strategic business leadership partnering with leaders in your customers' organizations to align their business transformation agenda with digital solutions that can help them better engage customers, optimize operations, transform products, and shift their business models. Account Executive roles are an incredible opportunity to learn, experience and ultimately drive all aspects of the client relationship, sales pursuit, and customer success lifecycles.
* Builds connections with executives and business and technical decision makers in the assigned accounts to establish trust and credibility in future interactions.
* Develops an understanding of the customer's industry and top priorities and current transformational strategies for assigned accounts.
* Develops value-proposition presentations (e.g., with the use of business cases) and specialized business plans for customers that drive business outcomes to generate business and upsells.
* Engages with internal and external stakeholders on business planning for assigned accounts and sets strategic priorities.
$55k-98k yearly est.