General Service Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for general service managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 13,413 general service managers currently employed in the United States.
- 22.2% of all general service managers are women, while only 74.5% are men.
- The average age of an employed general service manager is 44 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of general service managers is White (72.4%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (13.2%) and Asian (6.1%).
- The majority of general service managers are located in NY, New York and TX, Houston.
- General service managers are most in-demand in Los Angeles, CA.
- General service managers are paid an average annual salary of $117,374.
- The technology industry is the highest-paying for general service managers.
- New York, NY pays an annual average wage of $135,290, the highest in the US.
- General service managers average starting salary is $67,000.
- In 2021, women earned 89% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid general service managers earn as much as $203,000 or more.
- 18% of all general service managers are LGBT.
- New York is the best state for general service managers to live.
- General service managers are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
General Service Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For General Service Manager
Women Earn 89¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
General Service Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the general service manager position over time.
General Service Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, general superintendent and director of plant operations have the biggest difference in gender.
|Administrative Assistant To General Manager||11%||85%|
|General Service Manager||75%||22%|
|District Commercial Superintendent||90%||2%|
|Director Of Plant Operations||93%||4%|
General Service Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among general service managers is White, which makes up 72.4% of all general service managers. Comparatively, there are 13.2% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 6.1% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 72.4%
- Hispanic or Latino, 13.2%
- Asian, 6.1%
- Black or African American, 5.7%
- Unknown, 2.2%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.4%
General Service Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among general service managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
General Service Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a General Service Manager
We determined the average age of general service managers based on ethnicity and gender.
General Service Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of general service manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of general service managers is 40+ years old, which represents 64% of the population.
Types of General Service Manager Degree Levels
The most common degree for general service managers is bachelor's degree 58% of general service managers earn that degree. A close second is associate degree with 17% and rounding it off is master's degree with 13%.
- Bachelors, 58%
- Associate, 17%
- Masters, 13%
- High School Diploma, 8%
- Other Degrees, 4%
General Service Manager Jobs You Might Like
General Service Manager Wage Gap By Education
General Service Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ general service managers. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most general service managers is the hospitality industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire general service managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies General Service Manager Work In
Employees with the general service manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most general service managers prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring General Service Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ general service managers. Those industries include hospitality, retail and technology.
General Service Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
General Service Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of general service managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That General Service Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 2,309 general service managers resumes, we figured out that the average general service manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 33%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of General Service Managers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to general service managers.
|Engineering Group Leader||15.08%|
|General Service Manager||17.88%|
|Supply Chain Manager, Sustainability And Energy||18.57%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By General Service Managers
The most common foreign language among general service managers is Spanish at 59.0%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 11.5% and Carrier is the third-most popular at 4.9%.
- Spanish, 59.0%
- French, 11.5%
- Carrier, 4.9%
- Arabic, 4.9%
- Hindi, 3.3%
- Other, 16.4%