Maschhoff West LLC
Team Leader Job in Gentry, MO
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Having the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform by committing to being the best team member, manager, leader and individual they can be.
* Responsible for the development and training of all team members' production and interpersonal skills through open and honest informal daily feedback, goal setting and daily organization of their activities.
* Lead the formal quarterly coaching sessions of their team members with the assistance of their Site Manager.
* Promote safe work habits, maintain a safe working environment and document all work related injuries within 24 hours of occurrence.
* Lead their team and themselves to perform timely duties and ensure compliance with practices that promote the health of the animals under their care (commonly referred to as bio-security practices).
* Organize and participate in the daily production activities of their departments including:
* Implementation, follow up, and review of the execution of standard operating procedures on the farm. Provide feedback to employees and the Site Manager on the daily execution status of the SOP's.
* Communicating with the site manager on department needs such as feed, supplies, maintenance, personnel issues, etc.
* Daily care that promotes well being and increased productivity of all animals. Ensuring humane animal handling, including the safeguard of animal health, providing access to water and feed, and the best possible environment.
* Monitoring the health of all animals. Communicate all animal well being issues and/or concerns to the site manager. Ensure proper vaccinations, medications, and injections are given and documented as needed to promote animal well being, achieve regulatory compliance and increase production.
* Organization of team members' time including regular discussions with team members on short and long term planning, goal setting and prioritization of activities