Cook/Dietary Aide Job in Barnwell, SC
**PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer.**
The **Dietary Aide** Assists with food preparation in accordance with our established procedural guidelines, and as directed by the Food Service/Dietary Manager/Supervisor.
The **Cook** prepares palatable, nutritionally sound meals consistent with departmental policies and procedures and consistent with state and federal laws and regulations that meet daily nutritional and special diet needs of each resident. Responsible to ensure that foods are prepared and served at the proper temperature and the proper time. Works with Director of Food Service to allocate resources in an efficient manner so that each resident receives food in the amount, type, consistency and frequency to maintain acceptable body weight, nutritional values, and quality of life.
1. Assists cook in the preparation of meals, salads, desserts, snacks or other dishes for patients/residents, also prepares between-meal nourishments (make sandwiches, etc.)
2. Follows diet orders and NPO diet orders
3. Serves nourishments in accordance with procedural guidelines
4. Properly stores leftovers/ opened food
5. Follows procedures for serving partner meals
6. Offers menu substitutions and records them in accordance with procedural guidelines.
7. Complies with infection control policies in the work area
8. Delivers trays to patients/residents on halls and in dining area
9. Assists with the serving/pouring of juice, milk, water, and tea, etc.; makes coffee/ tea as requested
10. Cleans all tables in the dining area after each meal
11. Cleans work area at the end of shift and after meals, including sweeping and mopping and stores all cleaning equipment appropriately
12. Cleans kitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters, ice machine, buckets, blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer, refrigerator, stove, steamer, garbage disposal, dish machine coffee/ tea maker, steam table etc.
13. Removes garbage from kitchen areas and hoses out garbage containers
14. Scrapes dishes, washes dishes, pots and pans and stores properly
15. Records freezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in accordance with established procedures
16. Maintains dishwasher and dish sink; checks and records water temperature (dishwasher, pat and pan sink, etc.); checks dishwasher with sanitizer strips; checks chemical levels and replaces if needed
17. Maintains supply stock and properly stores items according to established procedures
18. Sets up tray line and performs tray line service
19. Operates the dish machine, garbage disposal, mixer, blender, meat slicer, steamer, coffee and tea maker
20. Uses, cleans and maintains serving equipment (ladle, spoon, scoops, etc.) according to established procedures
21. Working knowledge of food handling, preparation and storage techniques that comply with state and federal laws and regulations. Ability to apply regulations to work situations of cook and to supervision of staff assistants.
22. Follows recipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu cycles prepared by Dietitian. Cook or prepares palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities that are served at proper times.
23. Assists with supervision kitchen staff that assist with food preparation, assembling trays, cleaning and storage of supplies and equipment. Continuously cleans food service work areas as food preparation and service is done. Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
24. Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences. Inspects trays following meal service to monitor and record resident acceptance of menu items. Reports findings to Dietary Manager.
25. Uses food preparation equipment according to manufacturer's instructions. Follows proper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules. Handles, stores, dispose of food supplies and prepared food in accord with department procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
**MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:**
A high school diploma or its equivalent.
**MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:**
A minimum of one (1) year institutional food service experience as a cook.
**ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)**
Experience in long term care food production is preferred.
● Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption required by date of hire
**Family Makes Us Stronger.** Our family, your family, one family. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United in making a difference.
We are eager to connect with you! **_Apply Now_** to get started at PruittHealth!
_As a condition of employment at PruittHealth, all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire unless a medical or religious exemption is approved._
_As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status._