GIS Analyst Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for gis analysts in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 28,857 gis analysts currently employed in the United States.
- 27.6% of all gis analysts are women, while only 67.2% are men.
- The average age of an employed gis analyst is 41 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of gis analysts is White (62.6%), followed by Asian (15.0%) and Black or African American (9.9%).
- The majority of gis analysts are located in TX, Houston and CO, Denver.
- Gis analysts are most in-demand in Lakewood, CO.
- Gis analysts are paid an average annual salary of $62,812.
- San Jose, CA pays an annual average wage of $80,204, the highest in the US.
- Gis analysts average starting salary is $48,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid gis analysts earn as much as $81,000 or more.
- Delaware is the best state for gis analysts to live.
- Gis analysts are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
GIS Analyst Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For GIS Analyst
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
GIS Analyst Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the gis analyst position over time.
GIS Analyst Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, senior data center engineer and senior windows engineer have the biggest difference in gender.
|Informatics Nurse Specialist||14%||82%|
|Clinical Support Specialist||21%||73%|
|Senior Windows Engineer||93%||4%|
|Senior Data Center Engineer||96%||2%|
GIS Analyst Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among gis analysts is White, which makes up 62.6% of all gis analysts. Comparatively, there are 15.0% of the Asian ethnicity and 9.9% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 62.6%
- Asian, 15.0%
- Black or African American, 9.9%
- Hispanic or Latino, 9.6%
- Unknown, 2.8%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.1%
GIS Analyst Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among gis analysts.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
GIS Analyst Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a GIS Analyst
We determined the average age of gis analysts based on ethnicity and gender.
GIS Analyst Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of gis analyst employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of gis analysts is 40+ years old, which represents 55% of the population.
Types of GIS Analyst Degree Levels
The most common degree for gis analysts is bachelor's degree 73% of gis analysts earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 15% and rounding it off is associate degree with 7%.
- Bachelors, 73%
- Masters, 15%
- Associate, 7%
- Diploma, 1%
- Other Degrees, 4%
GIS Analyst Jobs You Might Like
GIS Analyst Wage Gap By Education
GIS Analyst Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ gis analysts. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most gis analysts is the technology industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire gis analysts.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies GIS Analyst Work In
Employees with the gis analyst job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most gis analysts prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring GIS Analysts
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ gis analysts. Those industries include technology, professional and energy.
GIS Analyst Turnover And Employment Statistics
GIS Analyst Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of gis analysts changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That GIS Analyst Stay in a Job
By looking over 4,480 gis analysts resumes, we figured out that the average gis analyst enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 33%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By GIS Analysts
The most common foreign language among gis analysts is Spanish at 45.7%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 13.4% and German is the third-most popular at 7.3%.
- Spanish, 45.7%
- French, 13.4%
- German, 7.3%
- Russian, 5.5%
- Italian, 4.9%
- Other, 23.2%