Patient Services Coordinator LPN/MA
Residential Home Health and Hospice
Patient Service Coordinator Job in Skokie, IL
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for processing agency home health referrals in an accurate, timely manner, includes accurately completing data input and client information as listed on referral
2. Will complete basic diagnosis coding per referral information.
3. Coordinate care for homecare patients using the Welcome Call Script.
4. Ability to determine referrals that need clinical documentation from Clinical Intake/RNs
5. Work in collaboration with all members of the pod to ensure timely Starts of Care and Resumption of Care for all patients.
6. Report all non-admit patients to Assistant Clinical Manager
7. Ability to learn and retain medical terminology and protocols.
8. Serve as the liaison between company and patient/caregivers.
9. Track and follow up with all patients who are pending start of care.
10. Track and follow up with all patients who are currently in hospitals or facilities.
11. Coordinate with Liaisons/Sales Team on all patient refusals for care
12. Understand and can effectively explain all programs offered the company.
13. Attach and Scan referral packet and other patient documents
14. Email Clinical Field Staff Supervisor requests received for lab data collection and processing, current patient orders received via fax, Ecin
15. Email Clinical Intake when orders received via fax, Ecin for pending patients
16. Interact with referral sources and sales team regarding new referrals.
17. Covers intake coordinators for time off, call-ins etc.
18. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
19. Works within the HCHB workflow structure as directed
20. Compile the daily schedules of clinical staff.
21. With the direction of leadership, assigns POD clinicians to patients.
22. Assists POD personnel in care coordination of patient/client services. Serves as a liaison between the field staff, patients/clients and POD personnel.
23. Communicates with CFSS when order approval is holding scheduling
24. Completes all tasks/workflow daily, communicates with ACM regarding any workflow unable to be processed prior to end of shift.
25. Process appropriately all visits that have been sent back from clinicians.
26. Obtain orders from doctors for any delay in services or upon direction from clinical leadership
27. Clinically triage patients.
28. Weekend rotation as needed
29. Other duties as requested by Management.
LPN or MA license required
Associates Degree Preferred.
At least one (1) year of experience in home health preferred.
At least one (1) year of experience in a customer service capacity.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Must be able to use good and sound judgment.
Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
Demonstrates patience, flexibility and a cooperative attitude.
Able to provide excellent customer service.
Able to effectively manage concurrent demands and multi-task.
Able to communicate patient needs effectively to clinical staff.
Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to work well in a team environment
Must have accurate data entry skills
Can work independently
Uses critical thinking skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CRM software, Home Care Home Base software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have and maintain in good standing professional license, certificate, or registration, as applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job generally operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may travel by automobile and be exposed to changing weather conditions.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
NOTICE: Successful completion of a drug screen prior to employment is part of our background process, which includes medical and recreational marijuana.
By supplying your phone number, you agree to receive communication via phone or text.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.