Fleet Maintenance Mechanic - 2 yrs Technician EXP Req'd
Student Transportation of America
Maintenance Technician Job in Glen Rock, PA
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
With general direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, provides a wide range of technical services on company buses, vans, and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under the direction of the Terminal Manger.
ASE Bonus Program
High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses.
At least two (2) years experience as a mechanic in an automotive, school bus, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to safely lift over 50 lbs.
Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance
1. Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
2. Following schedules, completes all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
3. With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs unscheduled maintenance as needed.
4. Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires interpreting and working from drawings, specifications and other technical materials.
5. Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
6. Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in and out of the garage for repairs and maintenance. If you don't have a Class B Commercial license training will be provided.
7. Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 50lbs) including brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when necessary.
8. Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack and Jack stands, sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner and other hand tools required to perform work.
9. Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
10. Emergency conditions may require calls at home, extended hours, or weekend work.
11. Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
12. Maintains tools and work places so that conditions are neat and orderly.
13. Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety provisions associated with vehicle maintenance. Understands OSHA standards and provisions.
14. Understands and conforms to State EPA regulations regarding disposal of toxic waste substances.
15. Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of tools, procedures, technical skills and safety rules used in the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and alternative powered equipment.
Written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills are essential. Ability to deal with problems and find solutions.
Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
Operational knowledge of motorized gasoline, diesel and alternative fueled vehicles, and shop equipment and tools.
Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished. Inspection of equipment and diagnose mechanical defects.
ASE Certification(s) a plus