At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for an Material Handler who will join our Scott's Miracle-Gro team in Medway ME.
The Material Handler works in our Scotts manufacturing facilities. The person in the Material Handler position is responsible for ensuring organic or chemical materials flow through the shakers and mixers. They may perform housekeeping to insure that material does not accumulate, remove scrap material, and re-stack inventory. They will maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
What you'll do in this role:
* Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
* Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
* Lifts heavy objects by hand, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends (shift differential and overtime available) and in any weather conditions
* Ability to get your hands dirty in a dusty environment
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces and lifting at least 50 lbs.
* Able to perform all job functions safely
* Ability to follow direction and be a team player.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
* Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
* Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)