Norsk Hydro Asa
House Supervisor Job in The Dalles, OR
Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
* Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
* Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
* Education Assistance
* Bonus Plan Eligibility
* Parental Leave
Job Summary: This position reports directly to the Production Manager and supervises a crew with up to 15 direct reports. The supervisor has complete responsibility for the safety, quality and production.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* 5 years of manufacturing experience
* Minimum of four (4) years supervising experience
* Maintain a safe work environment for all shift employees and by meeting Hydro Health, Environmental, and Safety standards. Lead by example and hold your crew accountable to do the same.
* Value Our People - coach, teach, and develop
* Upholding documented standards of performance of the employees in metal treatment, safety and equipment care
* Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing/coverage to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals
* Achieve the shift metrics, as assigned by Department Manager
* Foster an environment where employees will willingly make extra effort to exceed goals
* Perform regular shift meetings for communication of shift goals and results and to perform required safety training
* Perform administrative tasks and maintain administrative records for the shift, including required production reporting, IMS system entries and follow up, training needs and skills assessments, time and attendance, disciplinary action, performance management, and payroll forms
* Perform coaching of employees for development, recognition, reward, or unacceptable performance or attendance
* Strong computer skills. Use of multiple operating business systems, proficient in Microsoft word and office
* Ability to understand production goals and hit targets
* Lean/Continuous Improvement practical application preferable
* Proven ability to lead and direct others
* Working knowledge of manufacturing resource planning, particularly work scheduling/lead times
* Working knowledge of quality management systems
* Ability to present a positive unified front to departmental employees, reinforcing the goals, strategies, and personal commitment of the leadership team
* Proven record of coaching others to success in their own areas of influence
* Meticulous attention to detail; Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, changing production atmosphere while working independently with tight schedules and adhering to the highest standards of excellence
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values - Care, Courage and Collaboration - we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences. Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form below or by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2023
The Dalles, OR, US, 97058
Department: Shift B
Business Area: Hydro Extrusions(EXSO)
Legal Entity: Hydro Extrusion USA LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon