Regional Manager of Safety and Human Performance
Regional Safety Manager Job in Goliad, TX
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Directly: General Manager of Field Services
Dash lined: HSSE Director
LOCATION: TX, AR, LA
This position is responsible for Occupational Health, Safety, and Human Performance, providing leadership in those areas for our field services, repair shop, warehouse, and office personnel. The candidate will provide the discipline and drive to establish fundamental processes to prevent harm to workers and property. The position will report directly to a Field Services General Manager. The candidate will be a strategic partner with area leadership to implement, identify areas for improvement, and recommend appropriate courses of action related to safety and human performance initiatives/goals that align with the area strategic direction and ongoing business plan for that area. This position requires 50-75% travel for off-site and client visits anywhere within Qualus's coverage area with the majority of travel being in the South and Midwest regions of the US. A crucial part of this role is to maintain a strong team environment and positive employee culture.
The candidate will dash line report to the Director of HSSE. The candidate will be a part of team of peer Managers of Safety and Human Performance that set the overall cooperate programs that align with the company strategic direction and ongoing business plan for Qualus. This will include the development and implementation of safety and risk management work standards that drive a culture of safe, healthy and resilient work environments. The team ensures that all safety and training programs comply with OSHA and other industry standards, and are facilitated, managed, and audited through each business and jobsite across the organizations.
* Provide leadership, guidance, and recommendations on health and safety issues to ensure accomplishment of goals and establishing/maintaining of a strong safety and human performance culture.
* Partner to standardize, implement, and monitor written health and safety policies, procedures and practices.
* Provide professional health and safety technical assistance, performing hands-on health and safety hazard analysis, compliance assessments, and critical behavior observations.
* Provide recommendations and strategic support to mitigate or eliminate workplace hazards.
* Perform Safety and Human Performance assessments of QUALUS employees and work sites.
* Present Safety and Human Performance awareness and training topics to QUALUS employees.
* Provide tracking of QUALUS employee safety training and compliance status; develop and provide Health &Safety training to employees via on site presentation, development of CBA, and other means.
* Coordinate safety training scheduling and budget plans for regional management.
* Track and provide required safety statistics to customers as required.
* Serve as the central point of contact for regional leadership, management, and field employees on all Health and Safety issues providing interpretation, guidance, on site field direction and recommended solutions to regions/business units.
* Develop/maintain/provide procedures and guidance to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for assessing the operational impact of existing and proposed regulations and will be able to independently identify, develop and present recommendations to QUALUS management.
* Perform research and present findings to the QUALUS management team on safety related issues, such as tools and equipment, training, state, and federal regulations.
* Collaborate with other entities such as client safety departments to accomplish tasks.
* Maintain professional knowledge of Human and Organizational Performance (HOP).
* Ensures accomplishment of client goals through effective planning, organization, and scheduling of individual work activities.
* Maintain a standard to conduct investigations and corrective and preventive actions of workplace accidents, injuries and job site safety and makes recommendations to correct any issues. Partner with operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are completed.
* Remains current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations, keeping management advised of new or revised regulations and their projected impact. Ensuring compliance with applicable OSHA, NFPA, and NESC safety standards and regulations. Acts as regional contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority.
* Represents the organization in client, community, and/or industry safety groups and programs.
* Advises the HSSE Team in matters associated with regulatory compliance, safety improvement initiatives, and incident investigation.
* Serves as a change agent to achieve a significant and sustainable safety cultural within the region.
* Participates in safety and health-related audits, inspections, and observations for various departments and locations. Tracks and expedites the completion of corrective measures and action-items associated with the aforementioned activities.
* Integrate concepts of Human and Organizational Performance in day-to-day workforce safety.
* Partner with HR and OPS to actively manage employee injuries.
* Bachelor's degree in business or engineering, with direct experience in electrical safety. Electrical utility, commercial, and/or industrial facilities preferred.
* 5-7 years of experience, or 4 years of like-work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree for a total of 9+ years.
* OSHA 30 certificate
* Proven experience maintaining safety records and a proven track record of regulatory compliance.
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written communication; solid presentation skills.
* Familiarity with current OSHA regulations.
* Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Cloud docs.
* Must possess a valid drivers' license to operate a motor vehicle.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
* Outstanding written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Leadership and coaching experience with the ability to positively influence others.
* NFPA 70E certified trainer
* First Aid, AED, CPR certified trainer
The duties described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. If necessary, a reasonable accommodation may be requested and will be evaluated for its relationship to the essentials functions that must be performed.
* Job will be performed in an office environment, client job sites, shops, and warehouses.
* Travel is required. Durations and modes of transportation will vary.
* Performing duties of this job will require to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects and tools.
* Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.