Forklift Driver Job in Kentland, IN
Plant Manager/General Manager
THIS IS A NIGHT POSITION!!!
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous forklift experience required, certification preferred
Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
Basic reading, writing, and math skills
The Forklift Operator will be responsible for receiving incoming goods and preparing product for shipment, as well as loading trucks. Move pallets from palletizers and relocate materials and all other requested tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
· Unloads trucks, examines incoming goods and signs for incoming goods, noting any discrepancies.
· Reviews bills of lading to determine what is to be shipped.
· Stages products and supplies before trucks arrive, including restacking damaged or partial pallets as needed.
· Loads trucks with forklift and by hand if needed.
· Cleans and organizes the warehouse in an efficient manner.
· Communicates with shipping personnel, shift supervisors, regarding problems, product information, etc.
· Understands and performs proper pallet tag, lot number recording procedures.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment in a safe manner
GMP & PPE Required
While on the production floor in the plant you will be required to follow and help to enforce all GMP regulations in the plant. Anyone entering the production floor must follow the GMP rules in their employee handbook, which includes the required hairnets, beard nets, and earplugs. It is also required that all personnel wear safety glasses. Follows standard operating procedures including quality checks and procedures for all operations. Meets food safety and quality objectives and the requirements of the SQF System.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
Performs related work as assigned by the Manager.
In the absence of this employee, the direct manager or appointee will cover responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting - Approximately 90%
Standing - Approximately 5%
Walking - Approximately 5%
Bending/Stooping - Frequently
Push/Pull - Frequently
Carrying/Lifting up to 40 lbs. - Frequently
Verbal communication - Frequently
Written communication - Frequently
Hearing normal conversation - Frequently
Sight, including near acuity and depth perception - Frequently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; and a noise level requiring use of hearing protection.