Site Lead- Seymour, TX (m/f/d)
Site Leader Job in Seymour, TX
Do you want to be part of an agile team where colleagueship truly matters?
As a global company, we interact with a variety of people and cultures. Integrity, Respect, Colleagueship and Ownership are the unifying force for all departments and regions around the world. It's the individual that defines the team. And it's the team that makes the difference. Join the #TEAMNORDEX and shape the future of energy with us.
As a Site Lead, you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of wind turbines and related equipment, including inspection, operations, and repairs at your assigned site. You will also handle troubleshooting to diagnose and fix problems that cause turbines to shut down or fail to operate properly and ensures proper operation of equipment and compliance with safety requirements and procedures. This position is to last only for the duration of the contract.
* Assists and/or provides training and support to the Service Technicians so that each technician clearly understands how to perform component assembly, commissioning, testing, repair, and maintenance on wind turbine generators, related equipment, and support equipment that is associated with the wind farm.
* Trains and supports Service Technicians in preventative maintenance processes, such as Infrared Fault Detection Surveys, Corona Surveys, Ultrasonic Surveys, etc.
* Leads and supports the Service Technicians in troubleshooting, calibration, repair, and retrofitting of low to medium voltage electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components that are a part of the wind turbine and its associated switchgear.
* Conducts and reviews safety analyses of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building.
* Trains personnel in the proper use of safety gear, protective equipment, and control of energy sources to ensure work is performed safely.
* Acts with proficiency at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine equipment failure and the reason for failures when they occur.
* Monitors the tool inventory at the wind farm, maintains consumables, and spares parts inventory.
* Provides leadership to the Service Technicians.
* Trains and assists Service Technicians on proper methods for performing preventative maintenance tasks on all wind turbines and associated equipment.
* Completes and maintains required and accurate documentation and records associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment.
* Ensures that safety, health requirements, and cleanliness of facility and equipment are met
* Schedules and tracks the progress of wind turbine preventative maintenances to meet established guidelines.
* Maintains required training certifications and qualifications
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Associate degree or technical school certificate, or 4 or more years of directly related work experience in place of a degree/technical certificate
* 5 years of directly related work experience
* Maintain required training certifications as required to perform assigned job assignments
* Familiarity with mechanical and electrical testing equipment (i.e. various hand and power tools)
* Ability to be certified and work with both medium and high-voltage equipment
* Must be proficient with computers and standard software applications
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
* Able to work independently or in a team environment
* Ability to climb vertical ladders, work at heights of 100 meters and move and manipulate up to 50 pounds
* Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments in adverse and extreme weather conditions, in the dust, pollen, weeds, grasses, and in confined spaces is required
* Must maintain a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Ability to safely travel to the wind farm within 45 minutes in the event of an emergency
* Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
* Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for work and/or training for extended periods.
* Experience with SAP/ J.D. Edwards and Maximo systems a plus
* Ability to meet specific OSHA and ANSI weight limits of 265 lbs. max.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status. Nordex USA, Inc. does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.