What Does A Grinder Do At Randstad
* Must be able to maintain a clean and orderly work environment* Must be able to follow shop order documnets to ensure all requirements of the order are done correctly* Inspect all tools and equipment to make sure they are in proper working order* Must be able to use good manufacturing practices* Must be able to wor well in a team environment and independently as well* Working hours: 1st Shift Opportunity
What Does A Grinder Do At PDS Tech Inc.
* Ensures proper machine set up, selection, and use of grinding wheels.* Removes excess coating within specified tolerances minimizing taper, chatter, or defects.* Inspects product to determine if process is complete.* Completes part router paperwork, updates tracker, and moves part to next department.* Performs daily, routine, and preventive maintenance of all tools and equipment.* Documents all issues and inform supervision.* Follows all safety rules and policies.* Completes all housekeeping tasks in work area.* Performs other duties as assigned.* Attendance is an essential job function
What Does A Grinder Do At Advantage Resourcing
* include the following.* Other duties may be assigned.* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures.* In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.* Understands the use of travelers to convey job instructions.* Knows forging identification practice.* Inspects forging for defects and marks them.* Distinguishes material alloy types and selects correct grinding wheel.* Operates hand grinding machine and observes operation for removal of defects or machine malfunction.* Changes wheels and parts as trained.* Conducts dye penetrant checks to ensure defect removal.* Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from part.* Maintains part identification
What Does A Grinder Do At GKN
* Plans operations by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and specifications.* Performs hands on manual grinding of metal and other manual tasks to deliver a component that conforms to the quality requirements specified by standard work instructions and part router.* Utilizes power driven hand tools, especially angle grinders and sanders on metalic surfaces.* Also uses power driven drills, forklifts, trucks, and overhead cranes.* Reworks cosmetic defects per released procedures.* Loads parts, monitors, and operates automated processes.* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; and calling for repairs.* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.* Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned
What Does A Grinder Do At R. H. Sheppard Co., Inc.
* Adhere to established safety procedures and 5 “ S ” standards (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the cycle) required to perform daily duties in this position, including the proper techniques used in lifting/moving of parts* Remove castings from molds by activating Shaker machine (on/off button); attends Shaker to ensure smooth flow of castings through the machine by utilizing hook, pulling test bars from machine and placing them in separate container* Load Pangborn machine by utilizing forklift to lift tub of castings and placing tub in Pangborn; activates machine (on/off button)* Break and saw off risers from castings by using an air cannon, sledge hammer and/or cut off saw* Separate castings from scrap* Sort castings into pairs or groups as castings pass in front of operator on Shaker; place castings by part number in tubs as instructed by Supervisor* Dress castings by removing gates, spurs and other projections from castings with “Big Wheel” or “Pencil” grinder* Move equipment, sand, castings, flasks or other materials in Foundry by hand, cart, overhead crane or forklift* Place or stack materials in proper location* Strictly observe safety rules and procedures* Other duties as assigned; required being very flexible in their daily job assignments; cross-training in Knockoff job duties is a must to ensure this flexibility