American Axle & Manufacturing
Maintenance Technician Job in Detroit, MI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Support Production operations with all maintenance and repairs for mechanical & electrical problems such as but not limited to CNC mills, conveyors, machine automation, and robots.
2) Analyze, troubleshoot, and maintain all plant equipment through the application of sound troubleshooting techniques and repair methodology.
3) Work from available mechanical & electrical drawings and equipment specifications and schematics.
4) Basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits / equipment.
5) Basic welding principles / skilled in Mig / Arc welding
6) Basic 24 DC to 480 volts AC troubleshooting
7) Proficient with Fanuc robots for recovery & point adjustment.
9) Assist with general parts research as necessary.
8) Perform preventive, predictive, and routine inspection maintenance.
9) Able to drive a forklift, scissor lift / articulating arm boom truck
10) Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Required Skills and Education
High school diploma or GED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, quality documents, set-up instructions, blueprints and electrical prints. Be able to fill out charts and other simple documents and to effectively communicate with team members verbally and through e-mail.
Ability to use standard maintenance & electrical repair tools & equipment, operate lifting equipment, welding equipment, computer terminals and other tools/equipment.