One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a groundskeeping maintenance is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since groundskeeping maintenances benefit from having skills like customer service, cleanliness, and hvac, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Groundskeeping Maintenance Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a groundskeeping maintenance. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of groundskeeping maintenance resumes they appeared on. For example, 17.7% of groundskeeping maintenance resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a groundskeeping maintenance actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for a groundskeeping maintenance is customer service. 17.7% groundskeeping maintenances have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for a groundskeeping maintenance is cleanliness appearing on 11.0% of resumes. The third most common is hvac on 10.2% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for a groundskeeping maintenance are customer-service skills, dexterity and troubleshooting skills.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a groundskeeping maintenance. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of groundskeeping maintenance resumes they appeared on. For example, 17.7% of groundskeeping maintenance resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a groundskeeping maintenance actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Groundskeeping Maintenance Skills For Your Resume And Career
1. Customer Service
- Aided customer service team in delivering customer satisfaction.
- Maintain grounds, salt and snow removal, use of lawn equipment, helping with customer service, maintenance experience.
- Performed repairs to the main water supply, took care of rodent control, and gave great customer service.
- Cut and maintained all greens Helped repair irrigation systems Customer service, learned about golf in general.
- Provide first class customer service while assisting in docking, departing, pump-outs and conducting fuel services.
- Maintained overall cleanliness and proper functioning of Henry Kaufman Campgrounds Skills Used - Teamwork skills - Problem solving skills - Communication skills
- Maintained the cleanliness of my building areas by pick up trash around the grounds and snow removal.
- Maintained the cleanliness of the park at all times for guests along with various housekeeping duties.
- Maintained cleanliness of grounds and facilities to ensure positive experience for members and guests
- Conducted routine inspections of grounds and common areas for cleanliness and needed repairs.
- Assisted maintenance tech with any light maintenance in apartment buildings such as HVAC repairs, washer/dryer issues, socket issues etc.
- Obtained experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, general building construction, and swimming pool maintenance.
- General Maintenance, Minor Electrical Repairs, Inspected and Maintained HVAC Units, Air/Exhaust Vents, Minor Plumbing Repairs.
- General resort maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, grounds keeping, pool maintenance, carpentry, and HVAC.
- Maintain interior of rental units, paint, repair/replace fixtures, ensure proper operation of plumbing and HVAC.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
- Summer employment at Iron Mountain Cemetery Park o Machine maintenance, landscaping, mowing grass, trimming trees and shrubbery
- Performed grounds keeping duties such as: cut and trim grass, dig holes and pick up loitering.
- Water all plants, flowers, and grass on property by hand, sprinkler or other methods needed.
- Landscape, cut grass, trim trees, maintained central air units, & ran errands for the company
- Perform duties such as mowing grass, trimming bushes, keeping trash picked up, upkeep on mowers
- Performed a variety of tasks that include any combination of sod laying, mowing, trimming, and sprinkler installation, etc
- Required to maintain all aspects of a golf course, from mowing and fertilizing to reconstructing the land and repairing machinery.
- Golf course maintenance including mowing, weed eating, cup changing, driving dump truck, tractors and lawn maintenance.
- Performed regular maintenance of grounds by cleaning up debris, mowing lawns, spraying weeds, trimming shrubs and trees.
- Maintained grounds & light maintenance such as mowing, landscaping, leaf removal & performed maintenance on gates & lighting.
- Experienced Painter and apprentice experience with electrical and plumbing repairs at apartment complex.
- Repair and maintain plumbing and sprinkler/irrigation systems - General course maintenance/ greens keeping/mowing
- Assisted with general building maintenance including plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Diagnosed and corrected electrical, plumbing and constructional integrity issues.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of plumbing and electrical maintenance.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Groundskeeping Maintenance Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Groundskeeping Maintenance templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Groundskeeping Maintenance resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
7. Perform Routine Maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance duties to the facilities.
- Perform routine maintenance/groundskeeper duties at multi-unit residential property.
- Perform routine maintenance to all custodial equipment including all landscaping machinery and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and preventive maintenance actions.
- Perform routine maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Removed pet spotting with sod plugs.
9. General Upkeep
- Performed daily maintenance and periodic repair of 9 clay tennis courts.- General upkeep of grounds, club house and pool.
- Clean gutters, mow lawns, various landscaping projects, and general upkeep of house properties.
- Maintained grounds, painting and general upkeep for peaceful and pleasant living experience for residents.
- Maintained the general upkeep of the property buildings, pool, and grounds.
- Water, fertilize, plant, and general upkeep of several garden areas.
Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs
10. Snow Removal
- Landscaped, including mowing/weed whacking/weeding/mulching and snow removal.
- Operated various snow removal equipment during winter season.
- Assisted in ground maintenance, snow removal, operated riding lawn equipment & trimmers, and handled minor repairs.
- Maintained apartment complex grounds; including painting, landscaping, snow removal, sanitation, and general maintenance.
- Work alongside client staff on site at apartment complex doing various grounds-keeping, maintenance and snow removal tasks.
- Pulled trash, turned on grills, fryers, and ovens for preparation.
- Change grease for fryers and occasionally cook on the grill.
- Filter fryers clean windows clean bathrooms stock the truck etc
- Clean bathrooms fix fryers when they broke put truck away
- Clean fryers, windows, and dining area.
12. Light Bulbs
- Helped conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs* Helped move and clean furniture to prepare for new schools to open.
- Installed light bulbs, carpet and bulletin boards; prepare foundations for concrete walks, cleaned of carpets and linoleum.
- Help Maintenance Technician with work orders such as Light Bulbs, AC Filters, Painting, Fixtures, etc.
- Gathered and emptied trash and recycling bins, changed light bulbs and moved and carried furniture as needed.
- Observe miscellaneous items throughout the house, and replace them such air filters and light bulbs.
13. Grounds Maintenance
- Team leader responsible for all aspects of grounds maintenance and landscaping for ten vacation properties covering over 300 acres.
- Perform a full range of grounds maintenance and gardening duties and assists in related various construction and landscaping projects.
- Performed outdoor grounds maintenance, processed repair work orders, maintained pool and other assigned tasks.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance on apartment complex consisting of 52 apartments.
- Experience in all aspects of Grounds Maintenance and Golf Course Maintenance.
- Use a variety of tools, such as: rakes, trimmers, chainsaws and blowers.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, saws, trimmers, or axes.
- Remove debris from stairs and walks, rakes leaves, and mows lawn.
- Leaf blower, lawn mower, rakes, shovels, Toro Workman, Polaris, Sand-pro.
- Used shovels, leaf and garden rakes, brooms and loppers.
- Dismantled devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, hand tools and power tools.
- Operated forklifts, hoists, and other material handling equipment.
- Employed wide variety of hand and power tools including hoists, drills, precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices.
- Customer Service, 17.7%
- Cleanliness, 11.0%
- HVAC, 10.2%
- GRASS, 9.3%
- Mowing, 7.5%
- Plumbing, 4.2%
- Other Skills, 36.1%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs - $38K and Up
- Entry Level Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs
- Part Time Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Groundskeeping Maintenance Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Groundskeeping Maintenance Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant groundskeeping maintenance Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Customer Service
- Perform Routine Maintenance
- General Upkeep
- Snow Removal
- Light Bulbs
- Grounds Maintenance
- Pest Control
- Lawn Care
- Light Fixtures
- Various Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Athletic Fields
- General Grounds
- Building Exteriors
- Routine Preventive Maintenance
- Dump Truck
- Irrigation Systems
- Maintenance Tasks
- Equipment Maintenance
- Snow Blowers
- Mechanical Equipment
- Light Maintenance
- Grounds Equipment
- Facility Grounds
- Weed Control
- Vacant Apartments
- Trash Removal
- Sprinkler Heads
- Trim Trees
- Riding Mowers
- Golf Carts
- End Loaders
- Electrical Repairs
Real Examples Of Groundskeeping Maintenance Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional groundskeeping maintenance resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your groundskeeping maintenance resume.
2018 - Present
Grounds Maintenance Worker
2015 - 2018
Parks Maintenance Worker
2006 - 2015
High School Diploma
2006 - 2006
Hand ToolsLandscape EquipmentProperty ManagementSupport StakesEmpty TrashAthletic FieldsWater LawnsEnhance GrowthRepair ToolsPowerpoint
2015 - Present
2005 - 2015
2004 - 2005
San Bernardino, CA
2003 - 2004
California State University - San Bernardino
San Bernardino, CA
Groundskeeping Maintenance2016 - Present
Groundskeeping Maintenance2015 - 2016
Stock Receiver2012 - 2015
Stock ShelvesOrder PickersTrim TreesMechanical EquipmentGeneral UpkeepSales FloorPart NumbersSnow RemovalProduction SheetsMaintenance Tasks
High School Diploma 2012 - 2012
Ready To Start Your Groundskeeping Maintenance Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Groundskeeping Maintenances
1. Junos Routing, Operations, and Maintenance
In this course, we will explain basic routing concepts including routing policy, routing and forwarding tables, routing instances, and Junos OS routing configuration basics. This course will also explain the concepts and configuration basics of user authentication, the various types of interfaces found on network devices, archiving configurations, configuring and analyzing system logging and tracing, and configuring SNMP for collecting and organizing information about managed devices. Other...See More on Coursera
2. SMP/E for z/OS Workshop
This course is designed to provide the SMP/E skills needed in the installation and maintenance of optional features and maintenance in the z/OS operating environment. Students are taught to define the SMP/E database and invoke SMP/E to add, modify, or replace system elements. The course includes extensive hands-on labs using a current level of SMP/E. Students will get practical experience in the SMP/E tasks involved in installing a z/OS product. Emphasis is on interpreting results of SMP/E...See More on Coursera
3. Maintenance Planning Basics
Understanding maintenance planning basics of successful maintenance department...See More on Udemy
4. Maintenance Management Basics
Crucial knowledge and practices for successful maintenance department...See More on Udemy
5. SAP PM Plant Maintenance (beginner to advanced level)
Learn SAP PM (Plant Maintenance) module in a step-by-step manner with practical examples. Become SAP PM Consultant today...See More on Udemy
6. SAP Plant Maintenance(PM) Module Online Classes
Functional Module SAP Plant Maintenance(PM) with Configuration...See More on Udemy
7. Reliability and Maintenance Engineering - FMEA
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis - A mechanical engineering approach to risk management of plant and machinery...See More on Udemy
8. Car Maintenance Anyone Can Do
Learn how to add years of reliable life and service to your car...See More on Udemy
9. Real World SAP - Plant Maintenance Orders and Notifications
Learn SAP PM / EAM with a focus on real world scenarios...See More on Udemy
10. Garnett Cross Training in the Maintenance of Oil Hydraulics
This course will prepare you to work with hydraulic systems, plan maintenance and perform troubleshooting...See More on Udemy
11. ComputerCavalry: Slow Computer Repair and PC Maintenance
Is your computer run slow? Take this course and learn how to speed up a slow computer!...See More on Udemy
12. Fundamentals of Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Learn Logistics, Supply Chain and Customer Service. 3 Courses in 1...See More on Udemy
13. The Basics of Household Wiring. The Electrical System A to Z
Everything Electricity, from your Circuit (Breaker) Panel, Outlets, Switches, Receptacles, Light Fixtures, Cable, Wire...See More on Udemy
14. Drip Irrigation Design and Installation for Beginners
How to Design, Install and Maintain your Drip Irrigation System...See More on Udemy
15. Construction Site Electrical System Design
Learn how to design a safe, flexible and durable electrical system for any construction site...See More on Udemy
16. HVAC Psychrometry, Air Handling System and Duct Selection
Build your knowledge systematically, from building cooling load estimation, to sizing and selection of AHU and ductings...See More on Udemy
17. Learn Guitar Repair - Module 1, Maintaining Your Guitar
Award Winner - Module 1, learn guitar maintenance from a professional. Includes floating bridge, fret/fingerboard clean...See More on Udemy
18. Electrical Distribution Course
AutoCAD-Dialux EVO-Etap - :1- Course Introduction Electrical Fields Construction Field Types of drawing Coordination 2- AutoCAD ( ) AutoCAD Versions AutoCAD Interface Mouse Uses AutoCAD Commands Selection OptionsCommands CategoriesAll Drawing Commands All Modifying Commands DRAWING PROPERTIESlayers Commandslayers OptionsMeasuring Commands Dimensions Commands - OptionsDimensions Commands - PropertiesLeaders CommandsGeneral Commands How to Read an Architecture drawingHow to Prepare The Architectur...See More on Udemy
19. Irrigation Efficiency: more food with less water
How can we meet the demands of our ever hungrier and thirstier world? Irrigation water uses 70% of the fresh water extraction worldwide to produce 40% of the food. Arid countries are dependent on these cropproduction systems but irrigation is usually operated at low efficiency. There is great potential to increase food output per drop of water from field through farm up to catchment level. In this intermediate course you will learn about the irrigation supply chain, from water sources to root...See More on edX
20. Efficient HVAC Systems
In this course you will start by identifying the different steps a HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) engineers need to follow to come to a proper design while collaborating with the architect. You will then learn how to distribute heat and cold using air and water systems, what temperature levels to use in both and how that relates to the type of energy supply and to the thermal quality of the building construction. You will further deepen your knowledge on air handling units and...See More on edX
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?