Manufacturing Process Engineer (Guin, AL)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"For more than 30 years at 3M, I've seen firsthand how it's a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we're making around the world" - Mike Roman, CEO and Chairman at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
* Improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness of assigned Processes
* Lead/participate in cross-functional teams to drive cost reduction and qualify product/process changes and NPI projects for manufacturing deliverables
* Collaborate with global teams to implement global best practices
* Identify and utilize corporate resources, experts and organizations to speed resolution and implementation of solutions
* Identify and implement cost-disruptive manufacturing technology projects
* Generate manufacturing cost estimates for new finished good SKUs within area of responsibility
* Assist in generating capital needs/forecasts, defining product manufacturing specifications, and in equipment selection, design, and installa