Martin Midstream Partners L.P.
Maintenance Assistant Job in Plainview, TX
Responsible for the overseeing and repairing of existing equipment, troubleshooting, Preventive maintenance and to keep Equipment in good working condition while maintaining quality and a set budget keeping Safety and Environmental a top priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible to look at equipment in depth before making repairs to know in detail the reason for failure in order to improve reliability of equipment.
* Responsible to maintain, rebuild, repair and replace pumps, seals, bearings, cylinders, alternators, starters, brakes, wiring, switches, solenoids, computers, injectors, hydraulics, hoses, belts, etc.
* Build and implement an equipment preventive maintenance check list and implement it on all terminal equipment. Keep list on file.
* Perform timely maintenance checks and preventive maintenance
* Able to look up part numbers and work with procurement to order correct parts.
* Build and maintain spare parts to keep in stock, with a list to reorder when used.
* Equipment to maintain, front wheel loaders, rail king, skid steer, 35 ton crane, fork lift, air compressors, tractors, utility carts, 1 ton on down trucks.
* Oversees and has ownership of all equipment.
* Job will require some weekend and night call outs, heavy lifting and walking long distances.
* Experience in reading and interpreting equipment manuals and drawings.
* Must be able to help other crafts when needed as they will work with you as needed. (team work)
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Work independently with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
* Directs unusual problems or discrepancies to supervisor.
* Receives direction from Maintenance supervisor on non-routine tasks.
* Applies standard procedures and follows plant codes, and able to operate a variety of equipment. Position requires a high level of close mental and visual attention.
* Mechanic must have mechanical aptitude; knowledge, and troubleshooting skills.
* Working at several different heights, on walkways, ladders, and semi-cramped quarters.
Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or the ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the functions.
* Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds
* Must be able to remain on feet for long periods of time
* Must be able to use welding and cutting equipment
* Must be available for call outs during non-scheduled work hours
* Must be able to remain awake when working night shift
High School Diploma or GED required. One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience