Maintenance Technician Job in La Porte, IN
• Must be 18 years old
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Mechanical and/or Electrical Trade school certification preferred
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in Maintenance Manufacturing
• Available to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
• Willing to adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including all PPE requirements
• Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check
Essential job functions are:
• Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision
• Measures and tests instruments.
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
• Repairs or replaces defective parts-Installs special functional and structural parts in devices-Starts devices to test their performance.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.-May repair electrical equipment.
• Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair.
• Effectively ensures compliance with plant rules of conduct.
• Effectively ensure compliance with the concepts or recognizing and serving internal and external customers. Understand the flow of material through your areas of responsibility. Monitor and effectively manage equipment that limits/restricts the flow of product through production.
• Be able to quickly and effectively troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic failures to restore equipment to production ready state.
• Perform preventative maintenance activities while recognizing opportunities for equipment improvements as well as provide feedback to prevent future failures before they occur.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time
• May involve some repetitive motions
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
• May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
• Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
• Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
• Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties
• Must be certified or become certified in operation of forklifts and overhead cranes
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with some employer match, medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, basic life insurance, paid vacation and holiday package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disabled/Veterans
You should be proficient in:
PLC Troubleshooting Skills
Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
PLC Programming Experience
PLC Wiring Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)