Diesel Mechanic / Technician - Rochester, MN
Nuss Truck Group
Field Service Technician - Rochester, MN
Rochester, MN, USA Req #194
Monday, September 13, 2021
We are growing! The Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic / Field Service Technician will diagnose, repair or overhaul, and maintain heavy construction equipment in the field. Equipment includes compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment. Major components and parts include; diesel engines and powerplants, hydraulic, electrical, computer / software, and body / structural items.
* Receives repair orders from Dispatch or Service Advisor.
* Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnoses other issues and repairs equipment.
* Performs safety and maintenance checks.
* Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
* Equipment Technician services and repairs fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery.
* Services and repairs drive trains, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
* Tests repaired equipment for satisfactory performance including road tests.
* Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
* Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
* Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and customer as needed.
* Equipment Technician communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts for repair.
* Completes service reports and other documentation as requ