S&T Research Chemist, Entry (Battery Products)
PPG Industries, Inc.
As a S&T Research Chemist, Entry, you'll work with PPG's synthesis, formulation and application professionals in the field of battery coatings to develop new product solutions to our customers. In this role you'll lead a number of technical tasks, including effective experiment planning, coating formulation, coating optimization, detailed battery cell performance analysis, and result presentation to internal and external business partners.
* Conduct laboratory activities supporting formulation, coating application, and battery cell evaluation.
* Participate in project meetings and plan for effective project execution, including but not limited to developing and evaluating innovative ideas to improve coating performance.
* Effectively communicate results with clear, concise reporting, develop corrective procedures, write, validate and distribute other technical information (in charts, tables, and reports) as appropriate to technical and management in a formal and informal atmosphere.
* Able to work effectively as part of multi-functional and cross-site teams.
* Maintain a safe, organized laboratory in compliance with all established PPG R&D policies.
* B.S. Degree in a technical field such as Chemistry, Polymer Science, Coatings Science, Material Science, Physics, or Chemical Engineering is required.
* Excellent communication, multitasking, and organization skills.
* Undergraduate research experience is highly desired.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction marke
$70k-95k yearly est.