Social Service Provider 1-Augusta YDC
State of Georgia
Under general supervision, plans, manages, and evaluates social services programs. Administers and coordinates the services and program activities in dependency, mental illness, youth development, or physical or developmental disability programs.
Performs and/or directs intake services to youth
* Performs or directs mental health screening of youth in accordance with policy
* Ensures all intake screenings are completed within time guidelines outlined in policy
Directs or completes mental health assessments of youth
* Interviews youth and/or families using acceptable techniques that are appropriate for the individual's level of functioning to obtain necessary information regarding medical, social and/or emotional background.
* Contacts other health care professionals within or outside the organization as necessary to obtain background information on the youth.
* Reviews youth's record for background information.
* Considers all available information to identify psycho-social stressors, strengths, challenges, risks, level of functioning and needs.
* Completes a written mental health assessment in accordance with accepted professional standards, DJJ policy, OBHS guidance and direction from clinical supervisor.
* Based on assessment findings determines appropriate services and alternate plans of care
* Makes necessary referral to other providers as indicated by findings in the youth's mental health assessment.
* Documents referrals, recommendations and plans in a timely manner.
* Correctly files assessments and/or updates in youth's record.
Provides therapeutic counseling to individuals, groups or families, to effect positive change in the youth's behavior and/or social situations.
* Complies with regulations on confidentiality of information as specified by agency policy.
* Develops and