Lead Officer - Shift Supervisor
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Shift Supervisor Job in Aasco, PR
Provides lead direction to Security Officers at assigned client site(s) on assigned shift(s). Performs duties of Security Officer within scope of assignment. Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
Provides lead direction to Security Officers while on shift and performs other duties of a more responsible and demanding level, as defined by client contract.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Performs the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.
2. Provides lead direction at assigned client site(s) on assigned shift(s); acts to ensure that post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency situations.
3. May counsel and discipline personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents counseling and disciplinary actions.
4. Assists in the training of Security Officers and review of post orders.
5. Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
6. In conjunction with company management or designated company representatives acts to ensure adequate security coverage of all posts.
7. Prepares, files and submits various reports as required.
8. Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
9. Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
10. As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out lead or supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
**MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY**
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
**MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS**
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
H.S. diploma or G.E.D., and 1 year of security-related training or experience sufficient to meet the requirements of the assigned site, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as determined by the company.
**Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing** ):
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned site.
• Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
• Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
• Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
• Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
• Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
• Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Courteous telephone manner.
• Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
• Good organizational skills.
• Strong customer service and results orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
**WORKING CONDITIONS** (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements and site-specific requirements.
• Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
• May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
• Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and additional lifting and/or moving ability as might be required for the assigned site.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
• On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
• Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
• May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
**About the Team**
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.