Assistant Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor
American Crystal Sugar Company
Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Job in Hillsboro, ND
* Ensures compliance to requirements specified in programs for operation and food safety, operating procedures, administrative policies, and GMP's and adheres to product specifications defined by the Quality Assurance Program.
* Facilitates audits.
* Ensures implementation of the maintenance program to safeguard equipment reliability and troubleshoots maintenance as needed.
* Develops and approves Job Safety Hazard Analysis. Conducts accident investigations and prepares and recommends corrective actions. Investigates First Aid Cases and maintains the case database.
* Reviews and approves employee time while monitoring overtime pay and attendance issues. Schedules staffing. Resolves personnel issues.
* Coordinates all packaging line and bulk storage and loading equipment maintenance activities.
* Supervises the quality, storage, and curing of production sugars in storage bins and determines source for bulk loading and packaging.
* Monitors work practices and equipment operation for inefficiencies, downtime, and maintenance issues and initiates appropriate remedial measures to minimize product rejects.
* Monitors inventory of production materials.
* Monitor QA/QC parameters ensuring compliance with Company standards and verify completion of supporting documentation.
* Reviews and approves all product related Quality documentation involving inspections, control charts, cleaning/sanitation, and HACCP.
* Coordinates and monitors scrolling stock equipment ensuring proper asset operation and maintenance in addition to movement of external OTR equipment.
* Researches conditions and events involving Deviation/Incident Reports, reportable incidents, SQF findings and customer complaints and prepares technical reports and presentations.
This position requires knowledge in a technical field such as engineering, electronic controls, or maintenance normally gained through the completion of a four year bachelor's degree. Prior related supervisory experience and a background in high speed packaging line operations and bulk storage and packaging are desirable. A thorough understanding of the safety issues and safe operation of all equipment and facilities is required.
Well developed written, presentation, and communication skills are essential. The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate, train and enable a diverse work force while instilling a culture of accountability. An understanding and ability to effectively apply food safety, quality assurance and safety regulations is essential. Mechanical aptitude and technical abilities are required. Enterprise computer systems abilities such as SAP, Microsoft Office Suite software including Project (or comparable) are also required. The incumbent must possess a valid drivers' license.