Quality Control Clerk Job in Hagerstown, MD
Coordinate the correction of errors and document findings based on established in-house procedures. Review outgoing Distributor shipments ensuring that a high level of picking accuracy is maintained.
* Ensure all systems in Quality Control area are initialized and fully functional at the start of the shift.
* Perform daily quality checks on Distributor shipments diverted to the Quality Control Area by the Picking system and Weigh Scale Verification system.
* Perform quality checks on randomly selected cartons/boxes as necessary.
* Report any errors and/or findings of quality checked box/tote to proper personnel to ensure that the established packing guidelines are being followed.
* Ensure that the Supervisor is notified and receives a copy of all replenishment, Vendor, and Returns errors.
* Perform computer functions using the QC terminal as necessary.
* Responsible for confirming the quality check of examined box/tote
* Routine identify weight discrepancies to minimize unnecessary diverts the Quality Control Area.
* Responsible in assisting in maintaining all department hardware in good working condition and appearance.
* Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
* Maintain a productivity rate based on the standards established by DC management.
* Responsible for maintaining timekeeping policy, for example: bring employee badge daily to clock in/out, notify supervisor immediately of any badge issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
* Manual dexterity required.
Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
Light: Office work, some lifting, considerable walking Arduous: Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbing
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
* The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated
* Noise levels are considered low to moderate
* English, verbal and written communication skills
* Good mathematical skills.
* Flexibility to changing priorities.
* Resolve minor problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
* Organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Interact effectively at all levels.
* 1 - 3 years in general warehouse environment.
* Familiar with PC based software.
* Customer Service experience.
* High school education.
* Knowledge in basic Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel.
* Prior Quality Control or PTL systems experience.
* General Inventory processes.
* Minimum 2 years Customer Service experience
$27k-34k yearly est.