R. J. Corman Railroad Group seeks a Collections Supervisor at its Nicholasville, KY headquarters to manage the Collections department comprised of collection efforts on open receivables across multiple business units, supervision of Collections staff, analysis and reporting functions, and support of operational needs across the company.
* Manages and mentors direct reports to accomplish collections duties.
* Coordinates receivable data collection and aging/past due invoice reviews for Railroads, Signaling, Switching, Derailment (Emergency), Construction (Non-emergency), Distribution Center, Material Sales, Group, and Equipment Company.
* Tracks customer aging and manages past due invoice process to monitor timeliness of ongoing collection efforts.
* Directs Collections process including phone and e-mail customer contact and coordination with RJ Corman division leaders.
* Facilitates and supports team members' relationships with internal and external customers.
* Understands and reports on viability of customers.
* Researches invoice discrepancies. Analyzes the underlying cause(s) and works with Accounts Receivable department to improve invoice accuracy.
* Reconciles customer deposits to amounts invoiced for higher revenue jobs and/or complex billing arrangements.
* Manages month end processes performed by Collections department, including review of doubtful accounts and bad debt reserves with data provided to Financial Reporting department.
* Compiles, maintains, and distributes management reports of open receivables.
* Coordinates, develops, and updates written policies and procedures over Collections processes.
* Reviews and reports on key Collections metrics tracked in management database.
* Assists Accounts Receivable, Legal, and Risk Management departments with information requests, as needed.
* Participates in company-wide projects involving Collections pr
$34k-51k yearly est.