JDE Database Administrator
Database Administrator Job in Batesville, IN
The Senior Systems Administration Engineer provides overall direction and management of a portfolio of global, enterprise-wide systems. Provides direction and guidance to a team of third-party Shared Services resources. Resolves complex, escalated issues within the portfolio of responsible systems. Develops a roadmap and business goals for enhancements and business usage. Manages implementations and upgrades with the Shared Services partner.
What Hillenbrand Offers You:
* A robust PTO policy with 6 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, and 4 weeks paid vacation!
* Annual Bonus eligibility
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, company paid short-& long-term disability, among others.
* Generous 401K Matching Program - 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
* Competitive pay
* Opportunities for development and advancement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Manages the day-to-day deliverables for portfolio of systems/databases managed via a team of third-party shared services resources
* Includes monitoring, evaluating, and providing direction on tickets and resolving escalated tickets
* Manages system enhancement and implementation projects; develops plans, milestones, timelines, etc.
* Delegates work to available third-party resources, and communicates to various users and stakeholders across the enterprise
* Develops roadmaps to design and deliver an optimal environment and apply best practices
* Understanding new technologies and capabilities that meets the needs of enterprise and determine the best solutions given a number of complex factors including cost, resources, infrastructure, etc.
* Ensuring control methods are in place and completed on time; includes quarterly assessments, and SOX compliance.
* Researches and maintains specialized knowledge to keep current in assigned technical areas and share knowledge as applicable
* Troubleshoots and resolves high level problems, including customer questions and issues
* Participates in projects of various complexity and length with the ability to successfully manage projects as technical lead on small to medium sized projects
* Evaluates new technology or enhanced technology and determines if and how to integrate into the Enterprise portfolio of systems / databases
* Other duties may be assigned
This position provides direction to an external group of shared services resources, determines work requirements, prioritization and issue resolution. There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
* Expert level system administration experience with JD Edwards E1
* Expert in database and system administration including Oracle and MS SQL Server experience, performance tuning preferred.
* Proficient at project management, data analysis & metric development, Microsoft Office, shell scripting and operating systems
* Requires limited guidance from management; develops own work plans from business goals and IT strategy and develops recommendations on solutions for business and functional goals
* Experience with third-party shared services resources.
* Proficient level Unix/AIX/Linux experience required
* Advanced problem-solving skills
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
* Intermediate project management skills preferred
* A limited understanding of the business needs as it relates to the systems/databases managed
* A deep understanding of the overall IT strategy and how the systems/databases managed fit into the strategy
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in computer science or related degree; and a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in information technology.
Travel: Up to 10% travel may be required
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Who We Are:
Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand's portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville, a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under "HI."
What Sets Us Apart:
We Take Care of Our Associates: We present on-site wellness services including a clinic offering free health care & prescriptions to plan members, the revolutionary Bod Pod Assessment & Weight Management Program, and Market C - a vending management kiosk offering fresh food and convenience items when you need to grab a quick bite on the go.
We have Fun! We work hard and when it's time to play hard, our workforce engagement team focuses on planning and promoting team events such as: our annual Associate Christmas & Children's Parties, Summer Picnic, March Madness & Putt-Putt tournaments, Cinco de Mayo, Super Bowl and many other fun activities.
We Give Back: In addition to planning associate events, our workforce is encouraged to volunteer through our One Campaign, which helps associations within the local community.
* These services are not available at all locations.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans
$74k-94k yearly est.