Remote or Portland, OR
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy transition to decarbonize our economy?
Would you like to be part of a team that helps business expand market opportunities emerging from the energy transition? Do you thrive in helping business understand the market impact of their energy decisions?
DNV - Energy Systems' Markets & Risk group is seeking a Market Consultant to join our Risk & Strategy team, and help our clients innovate, develop, and value their go-to-market strategies. We do this by conducting market research, assessing risk, developing strategies, and conducting experiments to test advanced energy strategies with our clients. We recognize that companies that lead are the ones that own the future. By helping our clients be proactive in making progress towards an equitable and cost-effective energy transition, we help our customers ensure they (and the communities they serve) are positioned for success. We work with companies that embrace the coming reality.
As Market Consultant, you will help leading energy companies understand the behavior and motivation of people in their energy decisions. You will gain deep energy market experience through hands-on consulting, concrete analysis, market research, advanced customer surveying, and by advising innovators on practical implementation strategies. In this role, you will conduct all aspects of customer research and market analysis to support strategic energy growth areas, including survey design and implementation, focus group development and facilitation, sample design, market segmentation and strategic analysis
This position may be based out of any of DNV's continental U.S. offices, and could be a remote position based from any location in the continental U.S. (except Colorado).
What You'll Do
* Oversee and/or work with project teams to deliver market research studies and other project work that advances the decarbonization of energy systems
* Conduct market adoption research and analysis
* Research and analyze energy programs and policies, including those relating to clean energy and energy efficiency technologies, decarbonization, climate change, equity, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals
* Conduct primary research, including survey design, interviews, and managing market research survey firms. Perform secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review
* Extract and merge data from multiple sources, assessing data quality, and identifying data gaps.
* Propose solutions to address data gaps. Document assumptions and data sources
* Basic (content coding) and quantitative data analysis (frequencies, crosstabs, simple statistics tests like correlations, chi-square). Typical types of analysis include survey data analysis, trend identification, market sizing, customer segmentation, likelihood of adoption analysis, and cost-effectiveness assessment
* Interpret the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for your clients
* Identify opportunities for adding value and develop innovative approaches, or collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative approaches to facilitate a decarbonized energy landscape
* In time, oversee research projects, including client interaction, development of work plans and leadership of project teams or tasks
* Prepare client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations; develop reports and presentations which enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
* Operate with a teamwork mentality that leads to building and maintaining interpersonal relationships, providing guidance to researchers and consultants, and collaborating with other project managers and team members to share knowledge and best practices
What is Required
* Bachelor's degree or emphasis in a relevant discipline (such as environmental science, economics, business, journalism, psychology, sociology) is required. Master's degree is an asset but not required
* Minimum 3 years of work experience in data collection and analysis, survey design and implementation, stake holder engagement, or market research is required
* Project management experience or a similar project leadership role is preferred
* Expertise in decarbonization, climate change, clean energy and energy efficiency market research and evaluation preferred
* Understanding of basics in sampling and survey methodologies
* Experience in a consulting environment preferred
* Ability to examine data from different primary and secondary data sources to create meaningful conclusions
* Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and approaches
* Willingness to undertake new and challenging activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem. An interest in using data and research to tell a story.
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Experience using Qualtrics is a plus, but not required
* Excellent attention to detail in research, analysis, reporting, and communication
* Ability to collaborate with people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with diverse backgrounds and experience
* Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and have a positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
* Proven ability to manage tasks to quality, budget, and deadline targets
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
* Note: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your specific knowledge in the areas of energy markets, policies, and regulation as well as your strengths relative to the other requirements (required)
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions. We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
$80k-127k yearly est.