Community Support Companion
Make an impact by joining ServiceSource, a champion for people with disabilities. Explore new opportunities! ServiceSource is an organization of talented people who drive innovation, embrace change, and serve humanity.
Provide transportation and one on one support with person-centered activities within community and home settings. This role is as needed (PRN) and may offer up to a maximum of 25 hours a week; no minimum is guaranteed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
* Supervise participants during all activities.
* Engage in and/or support participants with activities.
* Transport participants to and from activities, appointments, and/or sites using a company or personal vehicle.
* Perform daily inspection of company or personal vehicles and adhere to sanitization and personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols
* Complete and submit required documentation for each assigned participant.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
On occasion, the following additional responsibilities may be assigned:
* Provide travel training (Uber, Lyft, public transportation) to participants.
* Provide coverage for participants and transportation routes.
* Communicate with clients' support systems.
* Maintain knowledge of community activities, events, and opportunities for participants.
* Support participant skill building opportunities.
* Adhere to clients' budgets and assist with money management when instructed to.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Certification(s)
* High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) is required.
* Two years' experience working with adults with developmental disabilities is preferred.
* Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation to perform work-related travel required. Eligible drivers must have a good motor vehicle record (MVR) and be eligible for coverage with ServiceSource's insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, and the ability to become familiar with corporate specific programs and software.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills
* Detail-oriented and able to carry out work with the highest levels of accuracy.
* Ability to adapt to frequent schedule changes.
* Creative thinking skills to adapt and implement activities to meet participants' skill level.
* Ability to operate a vehicle wheelchair lift and implement tie down procedures is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to walk and sit. The employee may often or occasionally lift or move durable medical equipment, supplies, or groceries up to 50 pounds. The employee may often or occasionally aid participants with balance (i.e. provide an arm to keep steady) and aid with transferring to and from a wheelchair and/or vehicle. The employee may often or occasionally be required to support participants of any weight who use a wheelchair and need to maneuver the wheelchair in tight quarters and up/down ramps. The ability to walk up and down flights of steps is required.
What We Offer
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
* Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
* A 403(b)-Retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous percentage matching up to 3% of your contribution
* Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
* To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, and Tuition Assistance
* A generous paid time-off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information
$23k-33k yearly est.