New York, NY
The Marketing Manager for the firm's Corporate Finance (CF) business will work cross-functionally to develop, manage, and execute the marketing strategies and activities of multiple industry groups and practice areas within CF. This position will report into the Senior Marketing Director and will work with members of Corporate Marketing, senior management, and CF bankers to implement the integrated marketing strategies, projects, and plans for the overall business, and be responsible for successfully executing on those plans. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing ad hoc marketing projects as they arise, remaining aware of transaction activity across the business, and also for serving as a representative for CF in firm-wide marketing projects. The Marketing Manager is responsible for providing regular project updates to the Senior Marketing Director and CMO regarding marketing objectives, strategies, timing, and new initiatives.
* Create and manage effective timelines, accountabilities, and milestones while setting expectations of management and other project stakeholders, and proactively communicate project status to the team.
* Partner and collaborate with the CF Industry Group Heads in the preparation, development, and execution of each Group's marketing budget and roadmap.
* Research and analyze current marketing efforts in the larger context of the organization and the market.
* Provide meaningful input in the development of product and/or industry marketing and strategic plans.
* Partner with the Media Relations team on new hire client communications, social media posts, and announcements in the Press.
* Coordinate with the Marketing Managers across Industry Groups and Geographies for combined CF marketing projects.
* Collaborate with the dedicated Events team lead to plan and execute CF-specific and firm-wide conferences, webinars, speaking engagements, and other client events.
* Develop effective timelines and lead weekly calls for the conference/event team, and create and distribute pre- and post-event communications.
* Manage the production and approval of collateral materials related to an event.
* Effectively manage conference partner relationships with bankers, venues, and vendors.
* Coordinate and manage event related operational components such as, 1x1 meetings, and coordinate with industry bankers to ensure cohesive communication between all senior executives involved.
* Develop and coordinate the distribution of all internal and external communications associated to CF including but not limited to: new officer hires, deal announcements, and strategic digital direct response campaigns.
* Assist with message creation, working in concert with relevant industry groups and other members of marketing, assisting with copy writing, defining scope of the effort, response vehicles, and managing production, reporting, and analysis.
* Project manage the process for various types of CF content pieces (e.g. monthly/quarterly newsletters, white papers, and annual recaps of deal case studies).
* Ensure the maximization of marketing opportunities associated with officer speaking engagements and firm sponsorships through on-site branding, collateral materials, and other means.
* Assist in planning, monitoring, and overseeing European CF webpages and other interactive efforts in conjunction with other members of Marketing to facilitate the development, update, and maintenance of online content.
* COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, marketing, brand management, or similar
* A solid understanding of, experience, and expertise in professional services brand management and marketing, preferably within the investment banking industry
* An understanding of media relations and marketing communications strategies
* High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet applications.
* Excellent ability to develop and foster relationships with internal and external partners
* Strong problem solving skills and an ability to think strategically
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Meticulous attention to detail and pride of ownership
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
* Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time - to deliver results on time
* Proactive approach to executing new projects
* Must be a self-motivated and results-oriented person, able to lead projects and interact with multiple departments
* Available for overnight and multi-day travel
* Ideally 5+ years product/marketing management in a professional services firm, preferably in the investment banking industry
* Familiarity with creative design techniques and fundamentals
* Flexibility - an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market
* Experience leveraging a CRM database (Salesforce.com) as a marketing/sales vehicle is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.