Grand Traverse Resort and Casinos
Suttons Bay, MI
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 18 years old. No experience is necessary.
This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the casino gaming floor and other designated guest areas. Attention to detail, consistency in work performance and support of a clean environment for guests to enjoy is expected. Willingness to be a team player, adjust to change and ability to work independently will be required at times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain the cleanliness of the gaming floor to include restrooms, gaming floor, entrance area, bars areas, and back of house such as employee breakrooms/locker rooms and designated office space.
* Continually clear gaming floor of all cups, paper wrappers, glass, bottles and miscellaneous debris.
* Effectively wipe down slot machines and woodwork between machines and tables in the pit areas including chairs corresponding to such table games.
* Empty trash receptacles daily and deposit trash in the compactor.
* Perform routine vacuuming as scheduled.
* Ability to lift filled mop buckets from filling station and push utility carts to mop designated floor areas.
* Support the bar areas with miscellaneous cleaning duties as assigned.
* Meticulously clean and wash entrance windows to eliminate fingerprints and smudges without leaving streaks.
* Thoroughly clean entire restrooms to include toilets, countertops, partitions, vents, mirrors, floors and dispose of trash.
* Clean and wipe down employee breakroom refrigerators, tables, chairs, vending machines and mop the floors to include both the smoking and non-smoking break areas.
* Willingness to cross-train and provide support in related areas of operations.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have excellent customer service and communication skills both verbal and written. Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. Must be able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner by prioritizing obligations and time. Must possess the ability to work with various personalities while maintaining impartiality. Must respond to supervisory guidance and assignments and accept constructive criticisms in order to learn new, updated information. The needs for quickness and ease of adjustment to the work environment and flexibility to change are essential in this position.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Standard household equipment, washer, dryer, vacuum cleaners and trash/cardboard compactors
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. May also be required to reach, bend, stretch, kneel, crawl, lift and carry on occasion. Must be able to work with many different industrial strength cleaning products and materials.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to effectively handle stressful and compromising situations while remaining focused and professional. Must be able to deal with difficult people without losing perspective. Must be able to work productively under strict time restraints with variable deadlines. Must be able to deal with large crowds and occasionally upset guests.
Must be able and willing to work in a crowded, loud smoking environment. Must be able to handle being under constant surveillance. May be required to work in small, enclosed areas. Must practice all safety policies, procedures and standards as set by OSHA.
Native American and Tribal Preference will apply. Must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug and alcohol urinalysis as a condition of employment. Must be able to work flexible hours and to take on additional responsibilities when asked. Must adhere to company policies regarding strict confidentiality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.