Human Resources Supervisor Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for human resources supervisors in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 373,964 human resources supervisors currently employed in the United States.
- 63.0% of all human resources supervisors are women, while only 33.3% are men.
- The average age of an employed human resources supervisor is 45 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of human resources supervisors is White (61.4%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (18.4%) and Black or African American (10.4%).
- The majority of human resources supervisors are located in NY, New York and TX, Houston.
- Human resources supervisors are most in-demand in Atlanta, GA.
- Human resources supervisors are paid an average annual salary of $67,637.
- The manufacturing industry is the highest-paying for human resources supervisors.
- Washington, DC pays an annual average wage of $88,119, the highest in the US.
- Human resources supervisors average starting salary is $50,000.
- In 2021, women earned 94% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid human resources supervisors earn as much as $90,000 or more.
- 18% of all human resources supervisors are LGBT.
- New York is the best state for human resources supervisors to live.
- Human resources supervisors are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Human Resources Supervisor Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Human Resources Supervisor
Women Earn 94¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Human Resources Supervisor Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the human resources supervisor position over time.
Human Resources Supervisor Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, plant superintendent and maintenance director have the biggest difference in gender.
|Executive Assistant/Human Resources||9%||88%|
|Office Manager Of Human Resources||13%||84%|
|Business Office Manager||15%||81%|
|Human Resources Supervisor||33%||63%|
|General Road Foreman||93%||3%|
Human Resources Supervisor Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among human resources supervisors is White, which makes up 61.4% of all human resources supervisors. Comparatively, there are 18.4% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 10.4% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 61.4%
- Hispanic or Latino, 18.4%
- Black or African American, 10.4%
- Asian, 7.1%
- Unknown, 2.0%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.7%
Human Resources Supervisor Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among human resources supervisors.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Human Resources Supervisor Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Human Resources Supervisor
We determined the average age of human resources supervisors based on ethnicity and gender.
Human Resources Supervisor Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of human resources supervisor employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of human resources supervisors is 40+ years old, which represents 67% of the population.
Types of Human Resources Supervisor Degree Levels
Human Resources Supervisor Wage Gap By Education
Human Resources Supervisor Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ human resources supervisors. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most human resources supervisors is the manufacturing industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire human resources supervisors.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Human Resources Supervisor Work In
Employees with the human resources supervisor job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most human resources supervisors prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Human Resources Supervisors
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ human resources supervisors. Those industries include manufacturing, retail and automotive.
Human Resources Supervisor Turnover And Employment Statistics
Human Resources Supervisor Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of human resources supervisors changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Human Resources Supervisor Stay in a Job
By looking over 8,720 human resources supervisors resumes, we figured out that the average human resources supervisor enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 36%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Human Resources Supervisors with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to human resources supervisors.
|Flight Control Manager||9.62%|
|Program Manager/Quality Assurance Manager||14.59%|
|Procurement Services Manager||16.54%|
|Operational Review Sergeant||17.41%|
|Human Resources Supervisor||18.37%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Human Resources Supervisors
The most common foreign language among human resources supervisors is Spanish at 65.5%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 4.2% and Chinese is the third-most popular at 3.9%.
- Spanish, 65.5%
- French, 4.2%
- Chinese, 3.9%
- Mandarin, 3.3%
- German, 3.0%
- Other, 20.1%