Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll show you how this job matches you. Find out if this fits some or all of your criteria in a job and company.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
* Patient discharge and medical records processing
* Document Capture and process medical records from Huntington Hospital
* Obtain, maintain, and update records within the system
* Scan and save documents electronically and save to EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system
* Utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to maintain inventory records
* Performs word processing and various other clerical duties for department as assigned
* Team rotation to pick up records from Huntington Hospital medical records office, generally once or twice a week per team member
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
* Clerical and / or Data Entry experience
* Experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets and input data within cells)
* Ability to travel up to 10% and pick up medical records from the Huntington Hospital, usually once or twice per week
* Ability to work 37.5 hours a week during the hours of operation Monday through Friday starting between 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
* Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
* Knowledge and / or experience with hospital EMR
* Prior HIM experience
* Candidate must be willing to work hard and be dedicated to Customer Service
* Must be able to work within a team environment and contribute to the team
* Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal skills
* Must be able and willing to multi - task on multiple things
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
* Ability to lift 30 lbs - medical record documents in boxes
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at:
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Clerk, Huntington, NY, New York, UnitedHealth Group, Data Entry, Accounts Receivable, invoices, payments, reporting, hospital billing, medical, hiring immediately, #rpo