Incident Business Management Specialist
Department of Agriculture
Mad River, CA
This position is located in Region 5, on the Six River National Forest and may be filled in one of the following locations: Eureka, Gasquet, Orleans, Willow Creek or Mad River, CA.
The incumbent serves as point of contact in Incident Business Management functions relating to wildland fire and all hazard incidents.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Josh Eichamer at 707-601-7080 or email@example.com
Learn more about this agency
* Tasks listed are at the full performance level, GS-09
* Provide advice to high-level fire managers on administrative issues such as appropriation use, personnel/payroll, cost management, fire acquisition, fire claims, and compensation for injury.
* Ensure incident (such as wildland fire, hurricane/flood/earthquake recovery) payments and/or billings are completed consistent with the appropriate laws, rules or regulations.
* Seek and/or track policy and guideline developments in incident business and related functions.
* Coordinate with federal, state, local government to resolve incident (such as wildland fire, hurricane/flood/earthquake recovery) payments and billings.
* Provide advice to managers on non-controversial organization or incident (such as wildland fire, hurricane/flood/earthquake recovery) business management related issues and concerns.
* Participate in informal training opportunities to provide assistance with presentation of incident business related materials.
* Prepare correspondence, reports, and/or other written materials regarding incident business, fire programs, policies, and/or operations.
* Provide input on the development of processes and guidelines to maintain good performance of incident business related functions.
* Provide program managers and/or unit staff with data in the development, preparation and/or revision of fire and fuels budget and budget related m
$56k-95k yearly est.