Stock Handler - Nights (Shift 7)
Stock Handler Job in Fort Payne, AL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keep knit goods moved to tunnel room for next process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide buggy or box at each sock drop and label it with style.
* Check each buggy at knitting lines to make sure socks are packed down.
* Remove any full buggies and replace with an empty buggy or make box.
* Fill out a shift ticket for full buggy/box as soon as it is pulled.
* Make sure you have the right shift ticket and information is correct.
* Keep production moving by taking full containers and weigh them and adjusting to correct amount before sending to tunnel room.
* Weigh all containers as they are pulled.
* Socks accumulated in boxes during weekend must be stored neatly.
* Operating a forklift is necessary during week to empty boxes of socks into buggies.
* Other duties assigned by management are a part of this job description
* Adhere to company policies, including attendance and punctuality
* Communicate with co-workers, management and others in a courteous and professional manner;
* Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions including but not limited to confidentiality requirements.
* Excellent attention to detail, time management skills and meeting deadlines
* Positive attitude and ability to handle highly confidential information
* Ability to reflect positive attitude and disciplined work ethic
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to work independently
* High energy level
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated experience in being a self-starter
* Ability to deal with internal/external customers with enthusiasm and professionalism
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential
* Must possess confidence, good judgment, energy and the right personality to work in a challenging environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* Basic education in reading, writing & mathematics
* Forklift license
* Have good organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires walking and standing for a 12-hour period, excluding scheduled break times
* Pushing and pulling buggies from 165 320 pounds
* Lifting from 15 50 pounds
* Use of air hose & push broom
* Bending & climbing ladder necessary
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to move between departments to interact with others. Consistent daily attendance required; occasional off-shift support and limited travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General working conditions include an office environment, manufacturing, warehouse and laboratory, some of which are not climate controlled.
* The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer at any time with or without notice. AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without race, color, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected characteristics.*