What Does An Infrastructure Architect Do At Raytheon
* Design and implement private cloud environments, or upgrade existing environments, using existing and new hardware resources as needs dictate * Design and implement the P2V transition, inclusive of determining the compute resources required.* This will involve trade studies and vendor selection studies to deliver the most cost-effective solutions * Coordination of the service design across teams such that all engineering groups are provided with the services they require * Communication with management concerning risks and performance, availability, or security issues * Contribute to IA hardening plans for bare metal, hypervisor and VMs in the system * Plans for future enhancements within the constraints of program change management processes This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support.* An Active U* S. Security Clearance (Secret) is required as of day one of employment
What Does An Infrastructure Architect Do At General Electric
* Participate in the technical and business discussions relative to future design requirement* Assist in the analysis, design and development of a solution and implementation based on business request and requirement* Gather and analyze data and develop solution requirements at project level* Participate in architecture governance model* Support design and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses* Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities* Deliver infrastructure architecture designs that align to application requirements* Define optimal landing zone of applications and infrastructure based on application requirements, security, and cost* Work as part of a cross platform team to deliver infrastructure designs and environments for GE customers
What Does An Infrastructure Architect Do At Siemens
* Perform complex technical requirements management and analysis.* Lead/drive small to medium sized innovation assignments/topics* Assist Service Orchestration Management with the development of roadmaps for implementations related to Network services.* Review and approve technical designs, specifications and statement of work documents.* Oversee the delivery of quality IT solutions that support Healthineers business requirements ranging from direct requests from the business to complex and cross sector Global strategic initiatives.* Consult, Troubleshoot and Solve IT infrastructure issues working with Business, IT partners and various IT teams* Provide SME support for major incidents as needed* Innovation Management: Embrace innovation and drive IT partners to create, plan and implement innovative network and security infrastructure based on approved concepts, designs and according to IT policies and guidelines.* Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences.* Ability to effectively manage relationships with other infrastructure teams, application teams, stakeholders, business and customer representatives.* Organizational skills with attention to task details, documentation and target dates.* Strong written, oral, and presentation/communication skills.* Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.* Communicate effectively with customers and cross functional teams.* Oversee the implementation of moves, adds and changes.* Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.* Strong communication and documentation skills.* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all* coworkers and stakeholders, including Senior Management.* Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.* Must know when to ask for assistance.* Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.* Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.* Proven ability to influence the definition of technical strategies and design solutions.* Must be technically sound in various IT infrastructure products and abreast of overall technology trends.* Out-going attitude, commitment to detail and quality* Ability to rapidly acquire technical skills and passion for continuous learning* Industry certifications preferred* Knowledge and experience with ITIL processes.* Enterprise level Networking knowledge in multiple technical areas including:* a.* Networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Switches, Routers, Load Balancers, Proxies)* b.* Systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux)* c.* Information Security (Firewalls, Routers)* Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience* Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.* Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.* Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.* Typically 8* years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.* Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.* Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.* History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.* Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.* Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.* Provide detailed technical designs for new technology deployments.* Process/format metrics and present results to management.* Update process and design documentation and team websites.* Work on review of entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance.* High level knowledge of Enterprise Applications and their function (SAP, Oracle, Siebel)* Ability to think critically and understand the dependencies in connected systems* Passion for solving operational and business problems* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.* Ability to work in a fast paced team environment* Working knowledge of LEAN Methodology/Principles* LI* ES1* Equal Employment Opportunity Statement* Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.* EEO is the Law* Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.* To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .* Pay Transparency Non* Discrimination Provision* Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.* To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
What Does An Infrastructure Architect Do At Viva USA Inc.
* As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture Solution Architecture team, you will be responsible for evaluating project requirements and translating those requirements into detailed designs that achieve project goals.* Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure* Identify necessary infrastructure components (hardware/software)* Provide size estimates* Design solution to optimize cost to meet project requirements* Work closely with Project Manager, project technical resources, external vendor partners, Business Partner, Solution Owner and Steering Committee to ensure smooth project implementation.* Provide guidance and support throughout the project lifecycle.* Provide leadership and guidance to technical SMEs.* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture teams to implement strategic Enterprise solutions.* Stay on top of industry changes and drive innovation
What Does An Infrastructure Architect Do At Delta Air Lines, Inc.
* ROLE* Serve as an expert for the Infrastructure Architecture domain and maintain a broad understanding of the other Enterprise Architecture domains (e.g.* Business, Application, Data, and Security domains)* Determine standards related to Infrastructure Architecture concepts, components and technologies* Optimize delivery of technology solutions via a deep understanding of the technical architecture and infrastructure technologies* Define strategies and infrastructure architectures for enterprise scale technologies to meet business needs in a flexible and agile manner* Ability to design and produce an enterprise "City Plan" that is representative of Delta's infrastructure architecture strategy* Design and maintain consistent enterprise-wide infrastructure architecture standards and associated 3* year technology roadmaps for key technologies* Provide strategic leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, and technology assistance (best practices, guidelines and design patterns for supported technologies)* Engage IT leadership, both technical and managerial, for review and acceptance of architecture and standards* Develop, maintain, and execute processes for enforcement of technology standards, policies, and procedures across IT, external vendors and outsourced service providers* Design and maintain standard templates, reference architectures, and design patterns that assist solution architects to develop solutions to business unit requirements that use/re-use common technology platforms* Develop and manage process for promoting the strategy and awareness of new/emerging technologies* Serve as a senior technology advisor to major projects and programs* Monitor & measure the execution plan against the strategy & KPIs; identify and track gaps & opportunities.* Review and adjust the strategy for continuous improvement* Provide technical direction and leadership to resolve critical design or operational issues that affect development and deployment of new products and services in the enterprise* Solicit and evaluate technical contributions and proposals from vendor companies as necessary to meet future technical requirements* Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose technology solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across lines of business.* Serve as an industry or technology expert, providing strategy oversight and planning for enterprise architecture functions* WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR