Distribution Center Manager (217557-072)
North Ridgeville, OH
Manager, Distribution & Parts
Pay Status: Exempt
Supervised By: Director Operations
Supervises: Supervisor ISP/TAG Warehouse
Inventory Control Specialist
* Manage site-specific transportation requirements to ensure the timely receipt of delivered materials and the packaging and shipment of finished goods.
* Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls distribution center, Service Parts and TAG distribution activities. Coordinate all shipping & receiving activities with external suppliers and customers as required.
* Effectively schedules all work according to overall production needs and ensures employees have the proper tools, equipment, supplies, and instruction to perform the assigned work.
* Ensure accurate and timely preparation of all necessary reports and records regarding distribution operations.
* Prepare and establish an annual operating budget, maintain fiscal control of operating expenses, and justify capital equipment for IVC, Service Parts, and TAG distribution operations.
* Develops and monitors department and individual productivity and distribution metrics to ensure cost effective schedule attainment.
* Maintains and ensures effective communications regarding performance and departmental and/or company goals for distribution, ISP and TAG.
* Trains and develops new and existing employees in areas such as safety, quality, and equipment operating procedures.
* Effectively manages department resources such as supplies and equipment to control costs and meet production demands.
* Ensures consistent compliance to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
* Provides positive image and plays a supportive role, in the implementation and execution of change.
* Ensure that all required training is identified for and completed by all direct reports.
* Evaluate staffing needs and costs; identifies, hires and promotes individuals with the right skills and competencies necessary to achieve superior results.
* Develop a team environment that values diversity and uses various individual's strengths to the benefit of the team.
* Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
* Meet regularly with the Snr. Manager of Logistics to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Management preferred.
* Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holiday.
* Solid experience in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel and WMS systems including experience with RF scanning.
* SAP Extended Warehouse Management experience highly desired
* Five years Distribution experience with particular focus in materials, purchasing or transportation
* Specific experience with inventory control, cycle count, Receiving, Stock movement, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated success leading and managing multiple and potentially unrelated tasks and personnel
* Sense of urgency when responding to customer needs
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -M/F/Disabled/Vet