Advanced Practice Nurse (Family Practice)
Department of Health and Human Services
Advanced Practice Nurse (Family Practice) for the Acoma Canoncito Laguna Service Unit, Division of Clinical Services in Acomita, New Mexico. Advanced Practice Nurse (Family Practice) will provide a wide range of complex and comprehensive direct patient care services including diagnosing and treating acute, episodic, or chronic illness as part of a healthcare team and will report directly to the Clinical Director.
Learn more about this agency
* Maintain complete and detailed records of patients' health care plans and prognoses.
* Develop treatment plans, based on standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
* Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
* Analyze and interpret patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
* Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
* Prescribe medication dosages, routes, and frequencies, based on such patient characteristics as age and gender.
* Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
* Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
* Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
* Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests, such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
* Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
* Consult with, or refer patients to, appropriate specialists when con
$54k-86k yearly est.