S.T. Wooten Corporation
New Bern, NC
New Bern, NC and surrounding areas
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
Perform general construction tasks involving physical labor at construction projects and plants. May operate hand and power tools of all types: Air hammers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces for support, erect scaffolding, cleaning up rubble and debris.
Plant - Yardman/loader operator
* Operate jackhammers, drills and other power tools as required.
* Position, join, align, and seal structural components.
* Shovel materials.
* Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
* Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, or paint through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
* Tend machines that pump asphalt & etc.
* Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
* Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
* Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
* Clean and prepare sites to eliminate possible hazards.
* Control traffic passing near, in, and around work area.
* Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
* Load, unload building materials, machinery, and tools.
* Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
* Learn and follow safety regulations.
* Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers including nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods during all seasons of the year.
* Perform additional duties as required or directed by their immediate supervisor or other manager.
$21k-28k yearly est.