Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher - Construction
Pinon Unified School District
Career And Technology Education Teacher Job in Pinon, AZ
To develop, plan, prepare, implement, monitor, and evaluate a quality competency based CTE (Career Technology Education) Program leading to the development of student skills sufficient to qualify for entry-level employment and/or post-secondary education using effective instruction with all students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter; center instruction on high expectations for student achievement and demonstrate effective teaching practices.
2. Demonstrates and uses innovative technology in the classroom to enhance CTE curriculum standards and assessments.
3. Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior, and upholds district-wide discipline policies.
4. Creates a positive and nurturing class environment that is developmentally appropriate and conducive to learning.
5. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program.
6. Plan a program of study that is aligned with the Arizona State standards and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
7. Use multiple student data elements for the purpose of assessing student progress, modifying instruction, and improving student learning.
8. Plan, organize, and teach a competency-based CTE program course.
9. Develops, implements, and maintains a Career & Technical Student Organization (CTSO).
10. Manage and advise a Career & Technical Student Organization and incorporate Career & Technical Student Organization leadership activities into the program curriculum.
11. Develop and maintain CTE and CTSO program budgets in accordance with district and building guidelines.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct CTE program records required by law, district policy, and administration.
13. Develops lesson plans and organizes class time so that preparation, instruction, shop/lab work, and clean-up activities can be accomplished with th