PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Lead for Chemicals & Plastics commodity group with responsibility to secure sustainable profitable growth by providing competitive service offerings, encouraging customers to build or expand capacity on our network, and extending our supply chain reach.
* Responsible for all aspects of commodity group, including quoting rates, renewals, strategy, forecasting, reporting and market research;
* Develop, Implement and Review Market Strategies that identify and evaluate market trends and their impact on the business; and develop recommended strategies and initiatives as a result of these market studies. Manages the analysis of strategic issues affecting CPKC's business including markets, competition, customers, and supply chain partners;
* Support the Line of Business (LOB) in Evaluating and Managing Complex Business Problems by performing in-depth economic and decision quality analysis of opportunities and strategies to improve yield;
* Lead the Design and Implementation of specific LOB Product Development Activities which provide competitive advantage, customer value and reduced cost to serve opportunities for new or existing business;
* Lead the Management of the LOB specific Contract Calendar and Direct the Preparation of Strategic Contract Renewals, Development of Bids/ Request for Proposal (RFPs), Defining Trading Space;
* Validate and Assess Performance against Annual Plan for LOB Mercury Revenue and Market Outlooks, and recommend actions to deliver to the Revenue and Market Outlooks or to modify the Revenue and Market Outlooks;
* Represent CPKC as required with Class 1 Partners, Shortlines, Clients, Vendors, Industry or Public as a LOB specific Knowledge Leader.
* Exemplifies CPKC Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study;
* Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience, including specialized knowledge of a discipline utilized to lead an area of our business, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Previous exposure within transportation, supply chain management, distribution, logistics is an asset;
* Solid understanding of the commodity markets, key customers, flows, product elements and attributes is an asset;
* Strong analytical and research skills to support the market understandings, trend analysis, emerging issues and competitive dynamics;
* Ability to articulate corporate objectives and targets through specific revenue and profitability targets that will deliver to annual Revenue Plans, Revenue Cost Ratio targets and growth targets;
* Strategic planning skills;
* Critical thinking abilities;
* Financial acumen and ability to conduct financial and business analysis;
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills to support analytics;
* Strong relationship building skills, ability to prioritize key functions, accountabilities and make informed decisions in an expeditious fashion within the multi-year time horizon;
* Strong communication, influence and persuasion skills, specifically to articulate business group annual and multi-year strategies, frame progress and results;
* Ability to set and meet deadlines;
* Strong sense of urgency.
* Complete health and welfare benefits package
* Competitive salary
* Incentive plan
* Railroad Retirement benefits
* 401k savings
* Leave/vacation plan
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer while providing reasonable accommodations for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well - accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy CPKC may be the place for you.
Job Location Kansas City, Missouri, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Apply$73k-95k yearly est.13d ago
Supervisor C&S II- Berkeley, MO
Since 1827, Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) and its predecessor companies have safely moved the goods and materials that drive the U.S. economy. + Supervises and coordinates all phases of inspection, maintenance, and construction of the Norfolk Southern Corporation communications and signal facilities within an assigned territory. Requisition 35889 : Supervisor C&S II- Berkeley, MO Location: Berkeley, MO, US, 63134 Committed to furthering sustainability, Norfolk Southern helps its customers avoid 15 million tons of yearly carbon emissions by shipping via rail. Norfolk Southern also has the most extensive intermodal network in the eastern U.S., serving a majority of the country's population and manufacturing base, with connections to every major container port on the Atlantic coast as well$30k-45k yearly est.5d ago
Track Laborer-100% Travel
The person in this position works as a crew member to maintain, repair, and replace rails, ties, switches, and ballast. This position uses hand tools and operates heavy equipment. The position starts as a track maintainer, with an opportunity to qualify as a machine operator.
+ Repair and rebuild railroad track using hydraulic or hand tools
+ Remove and replace ties and rails; pull and drive spikes; shovel rock ballast; load and unload equipment and material
+ Use various types of tools and equipment, including tampers, regulators, backhoes, torches, hammers, jacks, and other mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic tools
+ Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
+ Complete written forms and reports, including FRA reports, as required
+ Be familiar with federal and state regulations as they relate to the railroad industry
+ Ability to update rules and manuals to assure continuous compliance with all federal regulations
+ Adhere to and promote safe work practices as determined by the railroad
+ Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
+ Ability to complete written forms and reports, including FRA reports, as required
+ Working knowledge of and familiarity with equipment such as tampers, regulators, torches, hammers, jacks, and other mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic tools
+ Ability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
+ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and federal and state regulation
+ Excellent oral and written communication skills
+ Experience with heavy hand tools, and previous work in an outside environment preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
+ High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience a plus
+ Valid driver's license required
+ Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is a plus
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.$48k-67k yearly est.6d ago
The Mechanic will perform skilled repair and maintenance of transportation vehicles and dock equipment; inspect motorized and mechanical equipment; maintain inventory; and diagnose problems and determine the extent of necessary repairs$36k-46k yearly est.15d ago
At Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, everything we do revolves around a simple product: moving freight from point A to point B, on time and in one piece. Experience the Yellow difference and apply now!$32k-35k yearly est.17d ago
General Office Clerk
The General Office Clerk will perform various office support and clerical functions for the local operating facility.$18.9 hourly17d ago
Perform routine service and maintenance to vehicles as necessary for continuous, safe performance and operating efficiency. Identify additional service and/or repairs required by mechanics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Service vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Fill fuel tank of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to appropriate level. Observe level of oil in crankcase and amount of water in radiator, and add required amounts of oil or water. Add necessary amount of water to battery, and wash windshield of vehicle. Lubricate vehicle and change motor oil. Install antifreeze.
* Inspect and replace tires as needed.
* Assist in maintenance of shop inventory of parts and storage of inventory shipments. Assist with maintaining clean shop and yard area.
* May assist mechanics with repair work and/or preventative maintenance inspections.
* Competitive pay based on experience
* Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
* PTO and paid holidays
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude for fueling equipment, changing oil, and replacing tires.
* Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English. Must be able to carry out both written and oral instructions.
* Safety sensitive position. Must work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Ability to work all scheduled hours, including overtime, various shifts and days of the week.
* Knowledge of trailer inspection procedures preferred.
* Knowledge of tire inspection preferred.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasional exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease, detergent cleaning solutions, dust, fumes and chemicals.
* Ability to understand oral and written instructions, and respond to questions and inquiries.
* Meet physical requirements including vision in both eyes.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to frequently stand on a concrete floor working on vehicles.
* Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crawl frequently to work on vehicles and equipment.
* Ability to frequently twist, push, and pull from a variety of positions to work on equipment.
* Ability to frequently grip and grasp tools and parts.
* Ability to frequently climb to get in vehicles, on a step ladder to reach the engine compartment and stairs.
* Ability to read and comprehend technically-written materials.
* Manipulative skills and dexterity to operate equipment and hand tools.
* Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
* Ability to climb and work up to 15 feet above ground may be required.
* Ability to reach frequently overhead as well as horizontally.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer$22k-27k yearly est.17d ago
Financial Reporting Specialist
The Specialist, Financial Reporting you will support with accounting, consolidation and reporting expertise, the financial close and consolidation systems development, integration and implementation. * Support other financial reporting activities Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC.$60k-74k yearly est.15d ago
Wondering if the conductor role is right for you? Visit https://youtu.be/xPicGGCzbQA to hear what a CPKC conductor career is like, from an employee's perspective! Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. The average conductor earns approximately $117,000 annually, with the ability to make up to $133,000. As a conductor, your responsibilities include switching cars, making or splitting up trains in yards, or moving cars between yards, sidings or tracks.$37.7-45 hourly22d ago
Logistics Freight Brokerage Branch Manager - St. Louis, MO
* Work with other Watco operating units to develop joint approaches to customer development and growth The Branch Manager position represents a leadership role within the Company. * Ensure Watco Logistics operating procedures and protocol are adhered to The Branch Manager of Highway Logistics will be responsible for the commercial and operational development of the highway portion of the Watco Supply Chain Services portfolio. It will be critical for this leader to develop services that are a) demanded by customers, b) complementary to existing Watco competencies, c) offer above average revenue and profit growth rates.$90k yearly13d ago
Customer Service Representative - St. Louis, MO
* Possess a commitment to customer service, rigorous attention to detail and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. 30086 Nearest Major Market: St Louis * Working knowledge of Watco Safety and Operating principles$31k-40k yearly est.36d ago
A newly hired Train Crew employee can expect to earn $71,000 - $81,000 per year during their first 1-4 years of service. Train Crew employees are accountable for serving our customers by providing the safe, timely, and on-plan movement of freight trains! Click here to see a sample of the Train Crew Test Battery. Advancement to other Train Crew positions has earning potential up to $88,000 a year or more. When someone works on Train Crew, they are working at the heart of our railroad.$71k-81k yearly36d ago
Bridge Project Manager
The Bridge Project Manager will contribute by effectively coordinating with bridge department personnel, preparing scopes of work and detailed estimates, overseeing bids, and requesting materials and services to execute work. Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. In addition, the Bridge Project Manager will be responsible for reviewing pay applications, tracking actual costs, and monthly reporting in support of CPKC business teams such as capital accounting, tax, purchasing, and financial planning and analysis. The CPKC Bridge Project Manager is responsible for supporting the CPKC Bridge Department in the implementation of annual CAPEX and OPEX programs.$64k-85k yearly est.43d ago
2023 Electrical Apprentice Signal Trainee - St. Louis, MO (SLW)
Initial 3 weeks at the Norfolk Southern Training Center - Compensation is $70.00 per day Requisition 35666: 2023 Electrical Apprentice Signal Trainee - St. Louis, MO (SLW) Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63147 Saint Louis, MO, US, 63147$33.5-34.6 hourly55d ago
Administrative Assistant - Operations
$28k-35k yearly est.53d ago
Locomotive Electrician - Kansas City, MO 2023
Training: Locomotive Electricians will undergo 1 week of Mechanical Safety Orientation during their first week of employment and 6 weeks of craft specific training, at the Norfolk Southern Training Center in McDonough, GA. During the training, trainees will be reimbursed for one round-trip and provided lodging and meal cards ($20/day). - Two years electrician experience Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves ever$56k-72k yearly est.55d ago
$67k-86k yearly est.60d+ ago
Machinist (Diesel Engine Mechanic) - Kansas City, MO 2023
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. Training: Diesel Engine Mechanics (Machinists) will undergo 1 week of Mechanical Safety Orientation during their first week of employment and 6 weeks of craft specific training, at the Norfolk Southern Training Center in McDonough, GA. During the training, trainees will be reimbursed for one round-trip and provided lodging and meal cards ($20/day). Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.$34k-47k yearly est.55d ago
Project Accounting Specialist / Analyst
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC.$34k-43k yearly est.15d ago
Specialist IS Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC.21d ago
Zippia gives an in-depth look into the details of Kansas City Southern, including salaries, political affiliations, employee data, and more, in order to inform job seekers about Kansas City Southern. The employee data is based on information from people who have self-reported their past or current employments at Kansas City Southern. The data on this page is also based on data sources collected from public and open data sources on the Internet and other locations, as well as proprietary data we licensed from other companies. Sources of data may include, but are not limited to, the BLS, company filings, estimates based on those filings, H1B filings, and other public and private datasets. While we have made attempts to ensure that the information displayed are correct, Zippia is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of this information. None of the information on this page has been provided or approved by Kansas City Southern. The data presented on this page does not represent the view of Kansas City Southern and its employees or that of Zippia.
Kansas City Southern may also be known as or be related to Kansas City Southern and The Kansas City Southern Railway Company.