Nurse Practitioner (NP / PA)
Nurse Practitioner Job in Mesquite, TX
**This is a full time position (30-35 hours/week) supporting our clinics located in Eastern Dallas suburbs**
As the largest retail health care provider in the nation, and an industry leading Fortune 4 Company, MinuteClinic offers the unique opportunity to deliver affordable, accessible comprehensive high-quality care that meets the needs of our patients, their families, and our communities. You’ll be empowered to provide holistic patient care to your community with support, guidance, collaboration and a “one store, one team mindset.” Minute Clinic has also been awarded the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Pathway to Excellence premier designation for healthy work environments which recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate a commitment to establishing the foundation of a healthy workplace for staff. This includes a focus on Transformational Leadership, Quality, Safety, Shared Governance, Well-being, and Professional Development.
Our NPs/PAs Enjoy:
• Autonomy to run your own practice with refreshing collaborator and organizational support
• Flexibility with scheduling
• Work life balance
• Exceptional tools, training, and resources
• Evidence-based guidelines and access to assessment and treatment planning tools to elevate and support the continuity of care for patients
• Practicing at the top of your clinical license with the support of our clinical care team
• Unparalleled Career growth opportunities and development
• Patient charting and follow up completed in the clinic during the shift, no taking work home
• Provide Primary and Family evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients.
• Provide administrative duties to include but not limited to opening/closing the clinic, inventory, patient follow up, verifying insurance and collecting payment, maintaining a clean environment.
• Be responsible for handling patient appointments and performing routing examinations to ensure positive patient health outcomes
• Perform duties including speaking with patients about healthy lifestyle choices, completing diagnostic tests to help diagnose and treat patients for injuries or illnesses and coordinating with other healthcare professionals to maintain a comprehensive plan of care
• Encourage patients to become active participants in their own healthcare and well-being through services such as health screenings, behavioral health and wellness, chronic condition management
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients. This includes education and treatment for pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infection (STI) Prevention and safer sex practices.
• Order and administer immunizations and injections (to include but not limited to COVID19, influenza, TB, Depo) and provides evidence-based patient/parent vaccine counseling and education.
• Minimum of two years of medically relevant experience or equivalent
• Complete the DOT certification exam within 30 days of employment
• Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in additional languages not limited to but including Spanish
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, including but not limited to performing CPR and operating an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
• Pass a FIT test and wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• If less than 1 year of work experience as a licensed provider, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred, but not required.
• Master's Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role
• Or in select states, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (or other health-related Master's Degree or equivalent experience together with Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies) with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the role
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.